New co-chair for HTTPBIS WG

Alexey Melnikov
Dear HTTPBIS participants,

I am pleased to announce that Patrick McManus from Mozilla has agreed to
help Mark co-chair HTTPBIS Working Group. Patrick is well known and
respected in the Web community, and has been attending IETF for a good
few years now. Patrick has management experience and I think Mark is
delighted to offload some WG management tasks to Patrick :-).

Best Regards,
Alexey, Responsible Area Director for HTTPBIS WG

Re: New co-chair for HTTPBIS WG

Cory Benfield
Congratulations again, Patrick!

Cory

> On 1 Aug 2016, at 17:33, Alexey Melnikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear HTTPBIS participants,
>
> I am pleased to announce that Patrick McManus from Mozilla has agreed to
> help Mark co-chair HTTPBIS Working Group. Patrick is well known and
> respected in the Web community, and has been attending IETF for a good
> few years now. Patrick has management experience and I think Mark is
> delighted to offload some WG management tasks to Patrick :-).
>
> Best Regards,
> Alexey, Responsible Area Director for HTTPBIS WG

Re: New co-chair for HTTPBIS WG

Mark Nottingham-2

> On 1 Aug 2016, at 6:33 PM, Alexey Melnikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear HTTPBIS participants,
>
> I am pleased to announce that Patrick McManus from Mozilla has agreed to
> help Mark co-chair HTTPBIS Working Group. Patrick is well known and
> respected in the Web community, and has been attending IETF for a good
> few years now. Patrick has management experience and I think Mark is
> delighted to offload some WG management tasks to Patrick :-).

Yes :)

More seriously, though, I'm very happy to have Patrick on board because, to me, what we do here is about building a community, and I can't think of anyone that exemplifies that community and its spirit better than Patrick.

Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

Re: New co-chair for HTTPBIS WG

Ilya Grigorik
\o/ ... awesome. Congrats to both Patrick and Mark! :-)

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Mark Nottingham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1 Aug 2016, at 6:33 PM, Alexey Melnikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear HTTPBIS participants,
>
> I am pleased to announce that Patrick McManus from Mozilla has agreed to
> help Mark co-chair HTTPBIS Working Group. Patrick is well known and
> respected in the Web community, and has been attending IETF for a good
> few years now. Patrick has management experience and I think Mark is
> delighted to offload some WG management tasks to Patrick :-).

Yes :)

More seriously, though, I'm very happy to have Patrick on board because, to me, what we do here is about building a community, and I can't think of anyone that exemplifies that community and its spirit better than Patrick.

Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

Re: New co-chair for HTTPBIS WG

Willy Tarreau-3
On Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 07:03:42PM +0200, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> > On 1 Aug 2016, at 6:33 PM, Alexey Melnikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear HTTPBIS participants,
> >
> > I am pleased to announce that Patrick McManus from Mozilla has agreed to
> > help Mark co-chair HTTPBIS Working Group. Patrick is well known and
> > respected in the Web community, and has been attending IETF for a good
> > few years now. Patrick has management experience and I think Mark is
> > delighted to offload some WG management tasks to Patrick :-).
>
> Yes :)
>
> More seriously, though, I'm very happy to have Patrick on board because, to
> me, what we do here is about building a community, and I can't think of
> anyone that exemplifies that community and its spirit better than Patrick.

Good news, congrats Patrick!

Willy

Re: New co-chair for HTTPBIS WG

Stefan Eissing
Very nice! Congrats to both!

> Am 01.08.2016 um 18:33 schrieb Alexey Melnikov <[hidden email]>:
>
> Dear HTTPBIS participants,
>
> I am pleased to announce that Patrick McManus from Mozilla has agreed to
> help Mark co-chair HTTPBIS Working Group. Patrick is well known and
> respected in the Web community, and has been attending IETF for a good
> few years now. Patrick has management experience and I think Mark is
> delighted to offload some WG management tasks to Patrick :-).
>
> Best Regards,
> Alexey, Responsible Area Director for HTTPBIS WG

Re: New co-chair for HTTPBIS WG

Francesco Chemolli
Congratulations and thanks to both for your support to the WG and the community!

    Francesco Chemolli
    Squid Software Foundation

Re: New co-chair for HTTPBIS WG

Jason Greene
Congratulations Patrick!

> On Aug 1, 2016, at 11:33 AM, Alexey Melnikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear HTTPBIS participants,
>
> I am pleased to announce that Patrick McManus from Mozilla has agreed to
> help Mark co-chair HTTPBIS Working Group. Patrick is well known and
> respected in the Web community, and has been attending IETF for a good
> few years now. Patrick has management experience and I think Mark is
> delighted to offload some WG management tasks to Patrick :-).
>
> Best Regards,
> Alexey, Responsible Area Director for HTTPBIS WG

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: New co-chair for HTTPBIS WG

Daniel Stenberg
On Mon, 1 Aug 2016, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> I am pleased to announce that Patrick McManus from Mozilla has agreed to
> help Mark co-chair HTTPBIS Working Group.

Congratulations to both of you and to all of us! That's just great!

  / daniel.haxx.se

Re: New co-chair for HTTPBIS WG

Eliot Lear
Congratulations, and thanks, Patrick, for taking on the job.

Eliot