Quantcast

Multimodal Interaction Working Group minutes August 8, 2016

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Multimodal Interaction Working Group minutes August 8, 2016

Deborah Dahl

Dr. Dirk Schnelle-Walka of Harman joined us again today to talk about

automotive use cases.

 

http://www.w3.org/2016/08/08-multimodal-minutes.html

and below as text.

 

   [1]W3C

 

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

 

                               - DRAFT -

 

                                 MMI WG

 

08 Aug 2016

 

   [2]Agenda

 

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-mmi-wg/2016Aug/0001.html

 

   See also: [3]IRC log

 

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/08-multimodal-irc

 

Attendees

 

   Present

          Debbie, Dirk, Kaz

 

   Regrets

          Helena

 

   Chair

          Debbie

 

   Scribe

          Kaz

 

Contents

 

     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]actions

         2. [6]Use Cases

         3. [7]Web of Things coordination

         4. [8]Use Cases revisit

     * [9]Summary of Action Items

     * [10]Summary of Resolutions

     __________________________________________________________

 

   <scribe> scribe: Kaz

 

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

 

actions

 

   <ddahl> action-447?

 

   <trackbot> action-447 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Review updated

   vocabulary -- due 2016-06-27 -- OPEN

 

   <trackbot>

   [11]https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/447

 

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/447

 

   kaz: not yet...

 

   ddahl: she wanted to update the draft

   ... need to check with her

   ... might be better to wait for the next draft

 

   kaz: will skim the current one

   ... and will review the updated one

 

   ddahl: discussion during the previous call about the expected

   updates

 

   kaz: ok

 

   dirk: have problem with accessing the Tracker and the Wiki

 

   ddahl: if you have your W3C account, it should work for the

   wiki

 

   kaz: you need to login the wiki to edit it

   ... but your account should work for it

   ... would like to check with the Systeam

 

   "/me your account"

 

   ddahl: regarding Helena's document?

 

   kaz: will check the prev minutes as well

 

   ddahl: ok

 

Use Cases

 

   -> [12]https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized Use

   Cases wiki

 

     [12] https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized

 

   dirk: sent my slides to the public list

 

   ->

   [13]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-multimodal/2016Jun

   /att-0007/Multimodal_Interaction_in_Cars.pdf Dirk's slides

 

     [13] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-multimodal/2016Jun/att-0007/Multimodal_Interaction_in_Cars.pdf

 

   kaz: sorry but failed to bring this to the Automotive group

   during the f2f meeting in Portland

   ... will talk with the group co-Chairs about when to discuss UI

   topics

 

   dirk: maybe not the whole Automotive WG but some sub group

   would work

 

   kaz: right

 

   ddahl: maybe we could form a joint TF

 

   kaz: there is a possibility not the WG side but the BG side is

   interested

   ... I'll talk with both the Automotive WG and the Automotive BG

 

   ->

   [14]https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Vehicle_Information_Service

   _Specification Automotive Information Service discussion

 

     [14] https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Vehicle_Information_Service_Specification

 

   ->

   [15]https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Vehicle_Information_Service

   _Specification#WebSocket_Channel_Authorization

 

     [15] https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Vehicle_Information_Service_Specification#WebSocket_Channel_Authorization

 

   kaz: they are planning to specify data point using "path"

   parameter based on GENIVI's VSS definition

 

   ddahl: how to specify door, etc.

 

   kaz: the original vehicle data spec had an idea of "zone" for

   that purpose

   ... so how to specify position is one of the issues for the new

   interface

   ... how to distinguish multiple sessions is another discussion

   point

 

   ddahl: how about discovery?

 

   kaz: discovery is not yet discussed

   ... I think the basic expectation is that the IVI system is

   already installed and discovery is not needed

   ... but at some point we need to think about discovery again

   when we want to integrate external services and additional

   devices

 

   ddahl: we have UC-12 for Smart Car Platform

 

   ->

   [16]https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized#UC-12:_Sm

   art_Car_Platform Smart Car Platform

 

     [16] https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized#UC-12:_Smart_Car_Platform

 

   ddahl: (updates the wiki)

   ... GENIVI use Qt or HTML5 for GUI

   ... Automotive WG develops an approach to low-level interaction

   in the vehicle with WebSockets

 

   kaz: another question is how to detect availability of sensors

   and properties

   ... it seems the current vehicle service spec draft says we'll

   get 503 error if the sensor is not available

 

Web of Things coordination

 

   kaz: Jim Barnett and I joined the WoT IG call last week

   ... and explained what SCXML was like

   ... people were interested in SCXML and how to use it for

   concrete WoT systems

   ... Automotive use cases may be good

   ... will continue the discussion on the list

   ... I mentioned Dirk was working on automotive use cases and

   talking with him would make sense

 

Use Cases revisit

 

   ddahl: what about UC-18 smart remote for appliances?

 

   ->

   [17]https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized#UC-18_sma

   rt_remote_for_appliances UC-18 smart remote for appliances

 

     [17] https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized#UC-18_smart_remote_for_appliances

 

   ddahl: good use case for WoT as well

   ... might want to see Dirk's paper for the SCXML workshop

   ... UC-7 is also related to smart appliances

   ... and related to geolocation/geospatial too

   ... is anybody interested in adding dependency information?

 

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to talk with the Systeam about Dirk's

   account for the use case wiki [recorded in

   [18]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/08-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   01]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-451 - Talk with the systeam about

   dirk's account for the use case wiki [on Kazuyuki Ashimura -

   due 2016-08-15].

 

   kaz: btw, at some point, maybe we might want to publish this

   use case wiki as a group note

 

   ddahl: +1

   ... but before that we need to work more

 

   [ adjourned ]

 

Summary of Action Items

 

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk with the Systeam about Dirk's account

   for the use case wiki [recorded in

   [19]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/08-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   01]

 

Summary of Resolutions

 

   [End of minutes]

     __________________________________________________________

 

 

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version

    1.144 ([21]CVS log)

    $Date: 2016/08/08 14:12:01 $

     __________________________________________________________

 




Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com


Loading...