minutes from today's telcon are now available:
and below for Tracker's benefit:
- DRAFT -
Databinding WG Teleconference
28 Nov 2006
See also: IRC log
Vladislav Bezrukov (SAP AG)
Jon Calladine (BT)
George Cowe (Origo Services Limited)
Paul Downey (BT)
Yves Lafon (W3C)
1. ISSUE-12: Detection of Patterns
2. ISSUE-2: Test Suite
3. ISSUE-62: Why would a pattern NOT be included in our Advanced
4. ISSUE-97: proposed set of new patterns
* Summary of Action Items
minutes from the 21st approved
pauld: so we're in last call
<scribe> ACTION: yves to add LC-Basic as a product on tracker
<trackbot> Created ACTION-91 - Add LC-Basic as a product on tracker
[on Yves Lafon - due 2006-12-05].
pauld: ACTION ITEMS are getting out of control. Please mop up.
ISSUE-12: Detection of Patterns
george: been working on a validation service, have a JSP, it's Java 5
yves: send me the source, will look into hosting it when the team
return from Japan
ISSUE-2: Test Suite
pauld: OK i'm the block here, will get a page put up
yves: still working on XMLUnit, plan to have something by end of the
vlad: been trying the testsuite in our framework, need some general
pauld: you are not alone, I will work on the Test Suite page
pauld: include examples are broken
... we need small schemas to include in some of our examples
<scribe> ACTION: gcowe to look at fixing our include examples,
ISSUE-98 [recorded in
<trackbot> Created ACTION-92 - Look at fixing our include examples,
ISSUE-98 [on George Cowe - due 2006-12-05].
pauld: we seem to have a number of patterns for Advanced which we
closed the issue, but aren't in the patterns and examples
ISSUE-62 Why would a pattern NOT be included in our Advanced document?
jonc: how do we get vendors' input on what isn't implementable?
... can we get a commnity input, or on an individual basis
... is there a vendor concensus?
pauld: we have a working group, they can join
... business as usual, we may get some interest as a result of LC
... publishing our testsuite will help
... more interested in if we end up with the whole of schema covered,
or only patterns we see in use?
... maybe we should just examine some Advanced issues and find our way
jonc: is the concern this could be a job for life?:
... some of us are only interested in the Basic, vendors may be more
interested in the Advanced?
pauld: think schema publishers may also be interested in Advanced
... risk is that anyone could come with any pattern and we would then
publish it as Advanced
jonc: if *any* recognised toolkit can process a pattern, then it could
pauld: so what about "open enumeration type" no toolkit may support
it, but i want it in Advanced
... would it be acceptable for us to assign a URI for a pattern, but
not put it in either document?
jonc: would any schema author want to use a pattern not implementable
in a databinding toolkit?
pauld: would like to have coverage for any valid schema
... thinking we can stop when we run out of time
... am I overthinking this issue?
george: we haven't had many people contributing patterns
pauld: that's important point. Lack of participation remains a worry.
<pauld> looks for a carrot shaped stick ;-)
yves: we should contact people now we have LC documents
vlad: submitted some patterns, and publically available schemas, may
not be representative in terms of coverage
pauld: ok so we need outreach. I'll work on that.
george: we need to make sure we have coverage of patterns from our
pauld: OK george, submit your patterns ;-)
ISSUE-97: proposed set of new patterns
pauld: so we seem to have some base types (xs:token) missing for
pauld: and we need better coverage of base types for patterns
george: may not be firing in our schemas
pauld: puzzled because it works OK for our examples, eg:
pauld: appInfo is very open ended. "Annotations" are called out in our
pauld: will raise appInfo as a separate issue
RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-97 on basis of exploding into other issues
<scribe> ACTION: pdowney to explode ISSUE-97 [recorded in
<trackbot> Created ACTION-93 - Explode ISSUE-97 [on Paul Downey - due
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: gcowe to look at fixing our include examples, ISSUE-98
[NEW] ACTION: pdowney to explode ISSUE-97 [recorded in
[NEW] ACTION: yves to add LC-Basic as a product on tracker [recorded
[End of minutes]
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|