Minutes, Multimodal interaction weekly call, July 13, 2015

Minutes, Multimodal interaction weekly call, July 13, 2015

Deborah Dahl

Note: Now that the Working Group is public, we will be sending a summary of the weekly teleconferences to this list.

MMI WG weekly call

Topics

         1. actions

         2. Web of Things IG coordination

         3. Use Cases

1. Actions

Kazuyuki Ashimura completed his action to add a use case on e-learning to the MMI Use case wiki

https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases#UC-14:_Multimodal_e-Text e-Learning Use Case

Deborah Dahl completed her action to review the MMI public pages (http://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/) to look for things that need to be updated in light of the new charter and the fact that we are now a public group. These include:

1. the fact that the Working Group is now public

2. links to the Editors' drafts of the group's specs (Discovery and EMMA 2.0) in GitHub

3. updates to the publication plan

4. information about demos, implementations and presentations on the group's specs.

Kazuyuki will be updating the public pages to reflect these changes.

2. Web of Things Interest Group Coordination

The Web of Things Interest Group (http://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/) is chartered by the W3C to accelerate standards for interoperability of applications and services in the Web of Things. MMI working Group members recently attended meetings of the WoT Task Forces on Discovery and API's in order to discuss opportunities for synergistic work. We will continue to coordinate with this Interest Group.

3. Use Cases

The MMI WG maintains a Use Case Wiki at https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI. Kazuyuki added a use case for e-learning. He also plans to add another use case on synchronizing MIDI-based digital music instrument and use interaction.