Minutes, 11th August 2016 SVG WG telcon

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Minutes, 11th August 2016 SVG WG telcon

Nikos Andronikos
https://www.w3.org/2016/08/11-svg-minutes.html


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

11 Aug 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2016Aug/0014.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/11-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          nikos, Tav, shepazu, stakagi, AmeliaBR

   Regrets
   Chair
          Nikos

   Scribe
          Nikos

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]SVG 2 CR publication update
         2. [6]Bringing bits in from Integration to the
            Conformance chapter
         3. [7]SVG 2 publication
         4. [8]Security and privacy questionnaire review
         5. [9]Next F2F
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> Agenda:
   [12]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2016Aug/0014.h
   tml

     [12] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2016Aug/0014.html

   <scribe> Scribe: Nikos

   <scribe> scribenick: nikos

SVG 2 CR publication update

   nikos: Disposition of comments:
   [13]https://nikosandronikos.github.io/svg2-cr-doc/
   ... I've put together the DoC
   ... it's currently being compiled from Github
   ... but I'll make it a static page to send off
   ... The one thing I haven't done is include the things in the
   'clean up' milestone as deferred

     [13] https://nikosandronikos.github.io/svg2-cr-doc/

   AmeliaBR: think there's a few we should add - including some
   'future wish list' stuff

   nikos: I also sent out request for review to i18n and a11y

   <AmeliaBR>
   [14]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2016Aug/0016.h
   tml

     [14] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2016Aug/0016.html

   AmeliaBR: we got a response on a11y this morning, I've replied
   ... I'm not expecting a lot of questions because we have people
   working on the SVG TF

   shepazu: Good answer regarding SVG fonts

   Tav: I've been playing with SVG fonts a lot. We support
   creation of fonts

   shepazu: Is there any way to export to SVG in OT ?

   Tav: not yet

   nikos: So we're really just waiting now for review comments

   [15]https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/conform.html

     [15] https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/conform.html

Bringing bits in from Integration to the Conformance chapter

   shepazu: There's a few open issues
   ... I have come around to the view point that conformance
   should be part of the spec

   nikos: For the issue 'Should animations run in the resource
   document?', I think that's defined elsewhere

   AmeliaBR: Yes, I'll review the chapter

   shepazu: How do we change something from appendix to chapter?

   AmeliaBR: Somewhere in the build script this is all controlled

   nikos: I can take a look at that next week

   AmeliaBR: The other thing we need to do is add stub files for
   the moved and removed chapters

   nikos: I was going to do that as a manual step during
   publication

   AmeliaBR: For animation, it would be nice to have a short
   appendix pointing out the three ways you can animate SVG

   <scribe> ACTION: Nikos to make conformance appendix a chapter
   [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/11-svg-minutes.html#action01]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/11-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-3855 - Make conformance appendix a
   chapter [on Nikos Andronikos - due 2016-08-18].

   <scribe> ACTION: Nikos to add stub chapters [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/11-svg-minutes.html#action02]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/11-svg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-3856 - Add stub chapters [on Nikos
   Andronikos - due 2016-08-18].

SVG 2 publication

   shepazu: Regarding deferred issues. It's not a problem to list
   them - there's many issues so it's right to defer them to SVG
   next

   nikos: So next week we finish these little spec tidy ups while
   waiting for review comments, and I'll finish off those extra
   things for DoC

   shepazu: We have a few issues in the spec still. Do we want to
   make them Github issues?

   AmeliaBR: anything in the spec should should already be in
   Github or be an 'at risk' comment

   shepazu: Ok, I just introduced a few new ones by bringing the
   integration spec text in
   ... The thing about fetch is probably the most substantive

   AmeliaBR: I've fixed a lot of issues about Fetch so we can
   reference that

   <AmeliaBR>
   [18]https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/linking.html#processingURL-fet
   ch

     [18] https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/linking.html#processingURL-fetch

   AmeliaBR: Doug, you do a review, and then I'll do one as well
   afterwards

Security and privacy questionnaire review

   <AmeliaBR>
   [19]https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/wiki/SVG-2-Security-&-Privacy-
   Review

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/wiki/SVG-2-Security-&-Privacy-Review

   nikos: Does this specification deal with
   personally-identifiable information
   ... I couldn't think of anything

   AmeliaBR: No more than what exists for web pages in general

   nikos: Does this specification deal with high-value data?
   ... No
   ... Does this specification introduce new state for an origin
   that persists across browsing sessions?

   shepazu: No

   nikos: Does this specification expose persistent, cross-origin
   state to the web?
   ... So I thought that language preference could expose some
   state, but it's low risk
   ... I suppose if you have a lot of binary tests you might be
   able to build up a fairly detailed picture

   shepazu: A few years ago there was a big push to avoid
   fingerprinting, but at this point fingerprinting is too far
   advanced
   ... Is there anything about the fact you can reference an
   external SVG via use that might fall into this category?
   ... Also language preference isn't stored in the SVG per se

   nikos: Does this specification expose any other data to an
   origin that it doesn’t currently have access to?
   ... I don't think we're doing anything unique

   AmeliaBR: We might at that point say we allow CORS
   ... but only in a matter consistent with HTML

   nikos: Doesn't hurt to point that out
   ... Does this specification enable new script execution/loading
   mechanisms?
   ... Again, we're the same as HTML
   ... Does this specification allow an origin access to a user’s
   location?
   ... Definitely a no
   ... Does this specification allow an origin access to sensors
   on a user’s device?
   ... no
   ... Does this specification allow an origin access to aspects
   of a user’s local computing environment?
   ... Again here, I said yes via language preference

   AmeliaBR: Could also say something about other required
   features switches and video/audio codec support

   nikos: Does this specification allow an origin access to other
   devices?
   ... No
   ... Does this specification allow an origin some measure of
   control over a user agent’s native UI?
   ... no
   ... Does this specification expose temporary identifiers to the
   web?
   ... no
   ... Does this specification distinguish between behavior in
   first-party and third-party contexts?

   AmeliaBR: wasn't sure about this one. We do talk about
   different behaviours in a reference document compared to an
   original document
   ... some of that is linked to CORS, but not sure if that's what
   they mean

   shepazu: Think we should say that we allow more restricted uses
   of the thing and link to the chapter

   nikos: I don't think this is what that's about but we should
   say it

   AmeliaBR: we do discuss anonymous vs credentials mode for CORS
   ... think that's a little relevant
   ... as Doug said, mention that there's a distinction and let
   them come back with questions if there's concerns

   nikos: How should this specification work in the context of a
   user agent’s "incognito" mode?
   ... I said no

   shepazu: is that true even in the context of referencing modes?

   AmeliaBR: only difference is the browser wouldn't supply
   cookies to the server. But rendering of SVg would be the same

   nikos: Does this specification persist data to a user’s local
   device?
   ... no
   ... Does this specification have a "Security Considerations"
   and "Privacy Considerations" section?
   ... It does

   [20]https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/single-page.html#mimereg-mime-
   registration

     [20] https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/single-page.html#mimereg-mime-registration

   scribe: it was just copied from SVG TIny 1.2
   ... may need updating
   ... Does this specification allow downgrading default security
   characteristics?
   ... I wasn't sure about this one

   AmeliaBR: talking about CORS, domain matching, etc
   ... You can mention that we do use CORS features similarly to
   HTML
   ... or based on the HTML spec
   ... and therefore it can be affected by sand boxing
   ... which may what they're talking about

   nikos: I'll update it. Don't really want to put it in a spec,
   but will link to it from the Security considerations section

Next F2F

   Tav: Are we meeting at Graphical Web?

   nikos: It's very unclear whether i'll be able to go to
   graphical web

   shepazu: Next opportunity is TPAC

   nikos: I'll be at TPAC

   AmeliaBR: I'm hoping you and Doug can get feedback and work out
   with other members what will happen next
   ... especially looking at the test suite creation
   ... other thing to talk about at TPAC - the HTML / web platform
   group is still hoping we take responsibility for Canvas 2d
   context
   ... that would be something to discuss wrt to SVG WG charter
   which is due in Fall

   nikos: In terms of meeting at the graphical web, I think we
   should cancel that one because the date isn't that far off and
   it's too hard to confirm whether I'll be able to go

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Nikos to add stub chapters [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/11-svg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Nikos to make conformance appendix a chapter
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/11-svg-minutes.html#action01]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/11-svg-minutes.html#action02
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/11-svg-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential and may also be the subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the information from your system.