Looking for a new ReSpec maintainer

Robin Berjon-6
Dear all,

I've been maintaining ReSpec JS for over five years now (and the Perl
version for some years before that) and I have to say that I have been
happily surprised with the uptake and the kindness of the community.
Many thanks to all of you for that.

Having said that, I find myself with very little time to give it the
care and loving that it requires, with very little need for new
features, and in general I've moved on to other things. I think it would
therefore be a good idea to pass on the maintenance to someone else.

It doesn't require a lot of work, it's not a huge commitment. Mostly
looking at pull requests and answering emails on this list. The docs
could use some love too, but nothing urgent. It is something that could
be done by several people, no need for someone to take on all of it.

Are there any volunteers? If so, I'll move the repo to under the W3C
organisation on GitHub and set up a team for it.

Thanks!

Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon

Re: Looking for a new ReSpec maintainer

Marcos Caceres-4
Sign me up! :)

--
Marcos Caceres

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 7:16 AM, Shane McCarron wrote:

> I would be happy to be part of a team that would help maintain ReSpec JS!
>
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 5:29 AM, Robin Berjon <[hidden email] (mailto:[hidden email])> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I've been maintaining ReSpec JS for over five years now (and the Perl version for some years before that) and I have to say that I have been happily surprised with the uptake and the kindness of the community. Many thanks to all of you for that.
> >
> > Having said that, I find myself with very little time to give it the care and loving that it requires, with very little need for new features, and in general I've moved on to other things. I think it would therefore be a good idea to pass on the maintenance to someone else.
> >
> > It doesn't require a lot of work, it's not a huge commitment. Mostly looking at pull requests and answering emails on this list. The docs could use some love too, but nothing urgent. It is something that could be done by several people, no need for someone to take on all of it.
> >
> > Are there any volunteers? If so, I'll move the repo to under the W3C organisation on GitHub and set up a team for it.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon

Re: Looking for a new ReSpec maintainer

Tobie Langel-3
On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Marcos Caceres <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sign me up! :)

Yeah, likewise.

Can't wait to Markdown, strike that, CommonMark, the required authoring format.

Also, randomize reference URLs to make sure everything is properly living.

--tobie

Re: Looking for a new ReSpec maintainer

Robin Berjon-6
Shane, Marcos, Tobie,

you are now the official ReSpec maintainers! Thank you very much!

I'll be setting things up ASAP.

On September 17, 2014 at 11:05:16 AM, Shane McCarron ([hidden email]) wrote:
> Cool! Who is going to be at TPAC? Might be a good time to have a high
> bandwidth conversation about this.

I'll be there. Be great to catch up and coordinate.