LOCKing an unmapped URL

Ken Murchison
If a write lock is successfully created on an unmapped URL, should an
ETag (with associated Location header) be returned for the empty
resource in the 201 response?

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University

Re: LOCKing an unmapped URL

Werner Donné-2
Section 9.10.6 of RFC 4918 doesn't mandate those headers to be included, but I don't think it is forbidden to include them. Even when considering the PUT method as an anology, those headers are not obligatory.

Werner.

--
http://www.pincette.biz/
Handling your documents with care, wherever you are.

Op 03 Jan 2013 om 21:59 heeft Ken Murchison <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven: