Jigsaw API?

Chris Hardie-3
Hi,

I have been tasked with developing an application that will check a
number of compliancy items for each page in multiple sites. One of the
compliancy items is to ensure that each page validates to XHTML 1.0 strict.

The only way I can figure to automate this process is to build my own
Jigsaw validation server, programmatically send each page of interest to
it, and then parse each report page that Jigsaw produces to determine if
the page is valid or not.

I'm wondering if there is perhaps a more straightforward way to attack
this. I see that the Jigsaw API is defined at
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/User/api/Package-w3c.jigsaw.resources.html. Has
anyone built an app using the validation engine directly? Is there
perhaps a tutorial somewhere to that end?

Kind regards,

Chris