Javascript mapping / implementation of DCI

Javascript mapping / implementation of DCI

JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA

Dear all,

Is there any public open source implementation of DCI in Javascript?

Where could I find the mapping to Javascript from the DCI IDL? It would
be very useful to obtain the skeleton interface in Javascript.

Thanks and best regards

RE: Javascript mapping / implementation of DCI

Rhys Lewis-2

Hi Jose,

There are implementations by some members of the DI group, but I don't
think they are in the public domain.

There is a normative ECMAScript binding defined in the DCI specification
(section 8)[1].

You should be aware that, based on feedback from the DOM interest group,
we are in the process of changing the DCI so that interfaces inherit from
DOMElement rather than DOMNode.

We will issue a new working draft when the current editor (me, actually)
finishes the remaining updates to the document.

Best wishes
Rhys

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/DPF/#sec-ecmascriptbindings

RE: Javascript mapping / implementation of DCI

Rotan Hanrahan

I know there are implementations from a DI member organisation, though the implementation was based on an earlier version of the API. Once the interface is updated to an Element based approach, and has been tested, it is my understanding that the member organisation intends to donate the implementation to the Open Source community.

---Rotan.