Japanese intention of translation

Hiroshi Sakakibara
Dear Translators.

I confirm that I have searched the Translations database (
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#search) and the mailing-list
archives (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/).

Unless there are objections within the next few days, I will proceed with
the translation into Japanese of the following document:

CSS Writing Modes Level 3, https://www.w3.org/TR/2015/CR-css-writing-modes-3-20151215/

The translation process is described at
http://csslab.bpsinc.jp/wiki/index.php?Writing-Modes%20%E5%85%AC%E5%BC%8F%E7%BF%BB%E8%A8%B3%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B8%E3%82%A7%E3%82%AF%E3%83%88
(A link to English version exists in the page.)

In compliance with the W3C Intellectual Property FAQ (
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620#translate), I will be
required to place a prominent disclaimer in my translation(s) in which I
will disclose, (1) the title of and link to the original English document,
(2) that my document is a translation which may contain errors, and (3)
that the original English document on the W3C website is the one that is
official. (Items (2) and (3) must be in the target language.)

I will also make sure the links within my translation(s) are valid and will
endeavor to provide valid markup and CSS (validation tools are at
http://validator.w3.org/).

I will notify this list with links to my translation(s) when complete.

Thanks.

--
Sakakibara Hiroshi ([hidden email])
Beyond Perspective Solutions Co., Ltd.

Re: Japanese intention of translation

yh-5
On 2016/05/02 15:46, Hiroshi Sakakibara wrote:
 > Dear Translators.
 >
 > I confirm that I have searched the Translations database (
 > http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#search) and the mailing-list
 > archives (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/).
 >
 > Unless there are objections within the next few days, I will proceed with
 > the translation into Japanese of the following document:
 >
 > CSS Writing Modes Level 3,
https://www.w3.org/TR/2015/CR-css-writing-modes-3-20151215/

You may know this already, there is already a Japanese translation (CR)
exists:

https://triple-underscore.github.io/css-writing-modes-ja.html

Re: Japanese intention of translation

Hiroshi Sakakibara
On Mon, 2 May 2016 17:54:34 +0900
yh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2016/05/02 15:46, Hiroshi Sakakibara wrote:
>  > Dear Translators.
>  >
>  > I confirm that I have searched the Translations database (
>  > http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#search) and the mailing-list
>  > archives (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/).
>  >
>  > Unless there are objections within the next few days, I will proceed with
>  > the translation into Japanese of the following document:
>  >
>  > CSS Writing Modes Level 3, https://www.w3.org/TR/2015/CR-css-writing-modes-3-20151215/
>  >
>
> You may know this already, there is already a Japanese translation (CR) exists:
>
> https://triple-underscore.github.io/css-writing-modes-ja.html

Yes, I know.
(As far as I searched, I could not find out the URL through the
Translations database. If I missed, I'm sorry..)

The above and mine have different translation policy.
The former looks trying to translate automatically as much as
possible.  It leads that the translation refers recent spec, but
sentences are a bit hard to read.
The latter tries to translate in fluent sentences.  The maintainance
cost becomes high, but it would be easy to read.

In addition, the spec editor said she would add more description or
picture for more understandability along with the translation
procedure.

So I decide to translate.