JSHOP2 planner for Web Service Composition

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

JSHOP2 planner for Web Service Composition

Marcus Vinicius-4
Hello,

I am searching about JSHOP2 planner for Web Service Composition. I was looking for a tool to make the mapping from OWL-S and SHOP2 when found this paper: HTN Planning for Web Service Composition Using SHOP2.
Someone here know it or know another tool to do translate OWL-S to JSHOP2 or SHOP2?

Thanks,

Marcus Vinicius
Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: JSHOP2 planner for Web Service Composition

Matthias Klusch-2

Marcus Vinicius schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I am searching about JSHOP2 planner for Web Service Composition. I was
> looking for a tool to make the mapping from OWL-S and SHOP2 when found
> this paper: HTN Planning for Web Service Composition Using SHOP2.
> Someone here know it or know another tool to do translate OWL-S to
> JSHOP2 or SHOP2?
>

i do not know whether JSHOP2 actually is publicly available?

one alternative you may want to look at is OWLS-XPlan2
for translating OWL-S to PDDL and do composition planning
(OWLS-XPlan2 includes converter OWLS2PDDL v2).
It allows for dynamic (that event-driven replanning even during
planning) of OWL-S services for given initial planning domain.
that goes beyond SHOP2, don't know whether you need this dynamic
planning feature.
OWLS-XPlan2 has been showcased in a national grovernment funded project
for assisted medical patient relocation and repatriation planning.
available at http://projects.semwebcentral.org/frs/?group_id=99

cheers, matthias

--
-------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Matthias Klusch
German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI)
Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, 66123 Saarbruecken, Germany
Phone: +49-681-302-5297, Fax: +49-681-302-2235
http://www.dfki.de/~klusch/
-------------------------------------------------------------
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
-------------------------------------------------------------


Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

State of OWL-S

Demetris G. Galatopoullos


Hi Matthias,

    what is the current state of OWL-S and its API? I am looking at the
mailing list
with questions from people coming in but not enough people around to
respond.
What are the plans and future for this domain as you see it and should
we continue
to hope there will be support for it?

Thanks and regards

Matthias Klusch wrote:

>
> Marcus Vinicius schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am searching about JSHOP2 planner for Web Service Composition. I
>> was looking for a tool to make the mapping from OWL-S and SHOP2 when
>> found this paper: HTN Planning for Web Service Composition Using SHOP2.
>> Someone here know it or know another tool to do translate OWL-S to
>> JSHOP2 or SHOP2?
>>
>
> i do not know whether JSHOP2 actually is publicly available?
>
> one alternative you may want to look at is OWLS-XPlan2
> for translating OWL-S to PDDL and do composition planning
> (OWLS-XPlan2 includes converter OWLS2PDDL v2).
> It allows for dynamic (that event-driven replanning even during
> planning) of OWL-S services for given initial planning domain.
> that goes beyond SHOP2, don't know whether you need this dynamic
> planning feature.
> OWLS-XPlan2 has been showcased in a national grovernment funded project
> for assisted medical patient relocation and repatriation planning.
> available at http://projects.semwebcentral.org/frs/?group_id=99
>
> cheers, matthias
>

Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: State of OWL-S

David Martin-4

Hi Demetris -

There is still a good amount of research going on that involves OWL-S, as
evidenced by the workshop last year at ESWC.  There is some consideration now of
having another workshop at ISWC 2008.

I believe many of the OWL-S Coalition members are still "lurking" on this list,
and are happy to answer questions subject to their time constraints.  It becomes
difficult to provide more extensive support, however, because there is no
funding whose primary purpose is the development or maintenance of OWL-S.

I cannot answer regarding the status of the OWL-S APIs (there are two that I
know of), except to say that I'm not personally aware of any work on them
currently.  However, they are open source projects so that should help.

Regarding the release itself, although the current work is labeled as "1.2
pre-release" the ontologies themselves are quite stable.  The release was not
yet finalized because an element of the documentation has not been completed (in
particular, the walk-through document).  However, I am planning to go ahead and
make it a final release without including that document.

Regards,
David Martin

Demetris G wrote:

>
>
> Hi Matthias,
>
>    what is the current state of OWL-S and its API? I am looking at the
> mailing list
> with questions from people coming in but not enough people around to
> respond.
> What are the plans and future for this domain as you see it and should
> we continue
> to hope there will be support for it?
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Matthias Klusch wrote:
>>
>> Marcus Vinicius schrieb:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am searching about JSHOP2 planner for Web Service Composition. I
>>> was looking for a tool to make the mapping from OWL-S and SHOP2 when
>>> found this paper: HTN Planning for Web Service Composition Using SHOP2.
>>> Someone here know it or know another tool to do translate OWL-S to
>>> JSHOP2 or SHOP2?
>>>
>>
>> i do not know whether JSHOP2 actually is publicly available?
>>
>> one alternative you may want to look at is OWLS-XPlan2
>> for translating OWL-S to PDDL and do composition planning
>> (OWLS-XPlan2 includes converter OWLS2PDDL v2).
>> It allows for dynamic (that event-driven replanning even during
>> planning) of OWL-S services for given initial planning domain.
>> that goes beyond SHOP2, don't know whether you need this dynamic
>> planning feature.
>> OWLS-XPlan2 has been showcased in a national grovernment funded project
>> for assisted medical patient relocation and repatriation planning.
>> available at http://projects.semwebcentral.org/frs/?group_id=99
>>
>> cheers, matthias
>>

Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: JSHOP2 planner for Web Service Composition

frankpalin
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by Matthias Klusch-2
i hv pddl file and want to generate  domain and problem files. which thing i should extract to store in domain file.?
Loading...