IsaViz API?

Threaded

IsaViz API?

gviewer
Hi, I am a new user to IsaVia and I want to use a triple visualization tool for my purpose. Does anyone can give some tips how to use IsaViz in my java program to visualize my triples? Is there an APIs with IsaViz?

Basically, I don't use IsaVia to visualize my whole ontology. Instead, I need to call IsaViz in my Java program to dynamically visualize a specific triple that a user may select by clicking a node in a hiearchy.

I don't know if IsaViz can do this or not.

Thanks in advance.
Threaded

Re: IsaViz API?

Emmanuel Pietriga-2

Congmin min wrote:
> Hi, I am a new user to IsaVia and I want to use a triple visualization
> tool for my purpose. Does anyone can give some tips how to use IsaViz in
> my java program to visualize my triples? Is there an APIs with IsaViz?

> Basically, I don't use IsaVia to visualize my whole ontology. Instead, I
> need to call IsaViz in my Java program to dynamically visualize a
> specific triple that a user may select by clicking a node in a hiearchy.
>
> I don't know if IsaViz can do this or not.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do exactly. Is that just
showing a single triple at a time? Or maybe all statements in which the
selected resource is involved in (e.g. as subject)?

In any case, IsaViz does not offer you a clean and clear API to do that.
You can look at the source code [5] to understand how to build the
graphical representation, but there is no specific class or method that
lets you do what you want in a single call. However it seems that what
you are interested in is just displaying ellipses, rectangles and arcs
depicting a set of statements, without necessarily all the editing
machinery that is behind an IsaViz graph. If that is so, I think the
best option would be for you to just use the graphical toolkit (ZVTM
[1]) on which IsaViz is based to display your triples. This toolkit does
have an API [2] which people seem to find easy to use, and there is
additional documentation [3], including a research paper [4] which I can
send you by mail if you don't have access to the IEEE digital library.

[1] http://zvtm.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://zvtm.sourceforge.net/apidocs/index.html
[3] http://zvtm.sourceforge.net/doc.html
[4] http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/VLHCC.2005.11
[5] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/java/classes/org/w3c/IsaViz/

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66

Threaded

Re: IsaViz API?

ralucam
Emmanuel Pietriga-2 wrote
Congmin min wrote:
> Hi, I am a new user to IsaVia and I want to use a triple visualization
> tool for my purpose. Does anyone can give some tips how to use IsaViz in
> my java program to visualize my triples? Is there an APIs with IsaViz?

> Basically, I don't use IsaVia to visualize my whole ontology. Instead, I
> need to call IsaViz in my Java program to dynamically visualize a
> specific triple that a user may select by clicking a node in a hiearchy.
>
> I don't know if IsaViz can do this or not.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do exactly. Is that just
showing a single triple at a time? Or maybe all statements in which the
selected resource is involved in (e.g. as subject)?

In any case, IsaViz does not offer you a clean and clear API to do that.
You can look at the source code [5] to understand how to build the
graphical representation, but there is no specific class or method that
lets you do what you want in a single call. However it seems that what
you are interested in is just displaying ellipses, rectangles and arcs
depicting a set of statements, without necessarily all the editing
machinery that is behind an IsaViz graph. If that is so, I think the
best option would be for you to just use the graphical toolkit (ZVTM
[1]) on which IsaViz is based to display your triples. This toolkit does
have an API [2] which people seem to find easy to use, and there is
additional documentation [3], including a research paper [4] which I can
send you by mail if you don't have access to the IEEE digital library.

[1] http://zvtm.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://zvtm.sourceforge.net/apidocs/index.html
[3] http://zvtm.sourceforge.net/doc.html
[4] http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/VLHCC.2005.11
[5] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/java/classes/org/w3c/IsaViz/

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66
Bat 490, Universit√© Paris-Sud    fax : +33 1 69 15 65 86
91405 ORSAY Cedex FRANCE     http://www.lri.fr/~pietriga

Hello,

I need some help with the following problem: I need to visualize my whole ontology with IsaViz, when I press a button in my .jsf application. Can you tell me how to do this or guide me what should I read, to find the answer?

Thanks a lot