Is the semantic tags example correct in https://www.w3.org/Math/whatIsMathML.html?

STF

Is the semantic tags example correct in https://www.w3.org/Math/whatIsMathML.html?

STF
I'm a newbie in MathML, so sorry if my question seems stupid.

I started to read MathML intro and I bumped into this page:
At the end of this page, there's an example for the math expression
x² + 4x + 4 = 0

But when I read the semantic tags example, I only get
x² + 4x + 4
and the "= 0" seems missing for me.

Could someone tell me if the example is correct or not?

Thanks in advance

Re: Is the semantic tags example correct in https://www.w3.org/Math/whatIsMathML.html?

David Carlisle
On 27/07/2016 12:11, STF wrote:
> I'm a newbie in MathML, so sorry if my question seems stupid.

Not stupid at all!

> I started to read MathML intro and I bumped into this page:
> https://www.w3.org/Math/whatIsMathML.html
>
> At the end of this page, there's an example for the math expression
> x² + 4x + 4 = 0
>
> But when I read the semantic tags example, I only get
> x² + 4x + 4
> and the "= 0" seems missing for me.
>
> Could someone tell me if the example is correct or not?
>
> Thanks in advance

David

________________________________

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Microsoft Office 365.

________________________________

STF

On 28 July 2016 at 10:16, David Carlisle <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 27/07/2016 12:11, STF wrote:
I'm a newbie in MathML, so sorry if my question seems stupid.

Not stupid at all!

I started to read MathML intro and I bumped into this page:
https://www.w3.org/Math/whatIsMathML.html

At the end of this page, there's an example for the math expression
x² + 4x + 4 = 0

But when I read the semantic tags example, I only get
x² + 4x + 4
and the "= 0" seems missing for me.

Could someone tell me if the example is correct or not?

Thanks in advance

David

Thank you :)

________________________________

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Microsoft Office 365.

________________________________

Re: Is the semantic tags example correct in https://www.w3.org/Math/whatIsMathML.html?

Andrew Robbins-2
Shouldn't the first example on that page be formatted a little better? and use the numeric entity instead of the named one?

<math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">
  <mrow>
    <mrow>
      <msup>