Is anyone using Apache for the CSS testsuite?

Is anyone using Apache for the CSS testsuite?

Geoffrey Sneddon-4
As far as I'm aware, aside from <http://test.csswg.org/suites/> and
the test harness, nothing actually runs the tests using Apache, which
it currently relies on (through relying on .htaccess to set
Content-Type headers for some files). Certainly, Gecko, Servo, WebKit,
nor Blink use Apache to run the tests (WebKit and Blink do actually
use Apache to run some of their respective test suites, but don't use
it for the CSS test suites, and in fact don't run the tests where it
would make any difference).

Given the slow movement towards merging with web-platform-tests, we
need to move all of these over to the means used for that
(<http://testthewebforward.org/docs/test-format-guidelines.html#tests-requiring-special-headers>).
Now, if we were to move, do we need to get anyone else to move apart
from our own server? John, given I believe MS are running the whole
testsuite internally, I presume you're using Apache? Is this going to
be an issue for you? (I presume you're already running wptserve for
web-platform-tests?) Is there anyone else running the testsuite using
Apache for whom this would be an issue?

/Geoffrey

RE: Is anyone using Apache for the CSS testsuite?

John Jansen

> Given the slow movement towards merging with web-platform-tests, we
> need to move all of these over to the means used for that
> (<http://testthewebforward.org/docs/test-format-guidelines.html#tests-
> requiring-special-headers>).
> Now, if we were to move, do we need to get anyone else to move apart
> from our own server? John, given I believe MS are running the whole
> testsuite internally, I presume you're using Apache? Is this going to be an
> issue for you? (I presume you're already running wptserve for
> web-platform-tests?) Is there anyone else running the testsuite using
> Apache for whom this would be an issue?

Thanks for asking! No, this will not be a problem for us. However, I would say that moving the tests to web-platform-tests would be the preferred priority, but I understand that people have other things to do.

-John