[Inquiry] W3C Translation Volunteering

Gihyo Joshua Jang
Hello this is Josh from South Korea,

As described in the W3C website, I would like to inform you of my will to translate this document https://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/introduction.html in Korean.

It just seems clear to me that this is one of the recommendations you guys post in the translation list so that I have decided to work on this translation work. With that said, could you give me a clue on how to start with the translation work?

Like,
- what process do I have to go through?
- how can I give you the translated content when I am done?
- Is there any other tools that I can use to make the work easier?

I am glad that there is something I can contribute for the web technology!

Warm Regards,
Josh

Re: [Inquiry] W3C Translation Volunteering

Xueyuan Jia

On 2016/7/24 17:00, Gihyo Joshua Jang wrote:
> Hello this is Josh from South Korea,
>
> As described in the W3C website, I would like to inform you of my will
> to translate this document
> https://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/introduction.html in Korean.
Dear Josh,

Thanks for your intention to translate W3C documents. The doc you
mentioned above is one part of the W3C Recommendation document:
https://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/

Could you confirm which is exact the document that you are planning to
translate? The one page or the whole Recommendation document?

> It just seems clear to me that this is one of the recommendations you
> guys post in the translation list so that I have decided to work on
> this translation work. With that said, could you give me a clue on how
> to start with the translation work?
>
> Like,
> - what process do I have to go through?
> - how can I give you the translated content when I am done?
> - Is there any other tools that I can use to make the work easier?
>
> I am glad that there is something I can contribute for the web technology!

You may find all the details on the translation page [1], and you can
also see the content below as a reference:

The basic "how-to" is to:
- please check whether the document you intend to translate has already
been translated
   http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#search
- also check if there's existing intention to translate this document
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/
- If neither, please announce your intention.

* Announce your intention
- announce intention of translation to this list [hidden email]
- copy the original document and translate it (make sure to add
lang="en-US" to any link to English material that you do not translate)
- add a disclaimer (usually near the top) to indicate that this is a
translation which may contain errors and that the normative version is
the original English document hosted at the W3C website [with a link to
the original document]
- host it on your website
- check validity [2] and links [3], and

* Announce your translation
- send the information below to [hidden email]
   URI and title in target language
   translator's name (both in Latin and target language)

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Xueyuan

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/
[2] http://validator.w3.org/unicorn/