Incorrect Update Syntax Tests

Rob Vesse-3
In reviewing the latest state of the test suite I've spotted a couple of tests that appear to be incorrect

  • syntax-update-1/syntax-update-bad-02.ru
  • syntax-update-1/syntax-update-bad-03.ru
Both of these tests are negative syntax tests checking for a prologue only update being forbidden, according to the current grammar a prologue only update is acceptable.  I did some digging and the grammar which forbade this was last present in the Oct 2010 working draft.  The May 2011 working draft changed the grammar to allow for prologue only updates and prologue only updates have been allowed by all subsequent drafts.

Please can the working group change these tests to be positive syntax tests to reflect the fact that the grammar now permits this

Regards,

Rob Vesse

Re: Incorrect Update Syntax Tests

Andy Seaborne-3

On 19/10/12 18:06, Rob Vesse wrote:
> In reviewing the latest state of the test suite I've spotted a couple of
> tests that appear to be incorrect
>
>   * syntax-update-1/syntax-update-bad-02.ru
>   * syntax-update-1/syntax-update-bad-03.ru

Are we looking at the same thing:

I see:
syntax-update-1/syntax-update-bad-02.ru ==>
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/syntax-update-1/syntax-update-bad-02.ru

-----
# Typo in keyword.
CREATE DEAFULT
-----

and syntax-update-1/syntax-update-bad-03.ru ==>
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/syntax-update-1/syntax-update-bad-03.ru

-----
# Variable in data.
DELETE DATA { ?s <p> <o> }
-----

both of which are bad syntax.

        Andy

> Both of these tests are negative syntax tests checking for a prologue
> only update being forbidden, according to the current grammar a prologue
> only update is acceptable.  I did some digging and the grammar which
> forbade this was last present in the Oct 2010 working draft.  The May
> 2011 working draft changed the grammar to allow for prologue only
> updates and prologue only updates have been allowed by all subsequent
> drafts.
>
> Please can the working group change these tests to be positive syntax
> tests to reflect the fact that the grammar now permits this
>
> Regards,
>
> Rob Vesse

Re: Incorrect Update Syntax Tests

Rob Vesse-3
My apologies, seems some of our local copy of the test suite was somewhat
out of date

The WG can disregard this comment

Thanks,

Rob