IRI working group shutdown

Pete Resnick-2
As we discussed in Atlanta, despite the Herculean efforts of the
document editors (with kudos and appreciation to Martin Dürst and Larry
Masinter especially), the IRI work has not had sufficient energy and
participation from enough of the relevant interested parties and
therefore has not been progressing in the IETF in a way that is likely
to produce documents and come to consensus. After consultation with the
rest of the IESG and the IAB, I am shutting down the working group. As
reflected in the Atlanta meeting minutes, although there are some risks
associated with stopping the work (in particular, that we might end up
with forked efforts that need to be reconciled in the future), it is
clear that more progress will be made by encouraging and contributing to
the other work that is underway rather than continuing the IRI WG as it
stands.

I thank you all for your participation and efforts. You should see the
shutdown notice shortly. We will leave the mailing list open for any
future discussions.

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478