Services Computing is a new cross-discipline that covers the science and technology needed to bridge the gap between business services and IT/telecommunication services. The goal of services computing is to develop new computing technology and thereby enable more advanced IT/telecommunication services to support business services more efficiently and effectively. IEEE APSCC 2009 is an important forum for researchers and industry practitioners to exchange information regarding advancements in the state of art and practice of IT/telecommunication-driven business services and application services, as well as to identify emerging research topics and define the future directions of Services Computing.
We solicit proposals for tutorials for presentation at the IEEE APSCC 2009 conference. Proposals must provide an in-depth survey of the chosen topic with the option of describing a particular piece of work in detail. A meaningful summary of open issues in the topic is highly recommended. The main research topics of the IEEE APSCC 2009 conference include, but are not limited to:
* Business Process Integration and Management;
* Cloud/Utility/Web Computing;
* Foundations of Services Computing;
* Mobile/Ubiquitous/Pervasive Computing;
* Service-centric Computing Models; and
* Telecommunication Services.
Proposals must be no more than five (5) pages, using an 11 pt or larger font for the body of the text of the proposal, and must include enough details to provide a sense of both the scope of material to be covered and the depth to which it will be covered. Tutorial proposals should include the following elements:
* Title of the tutorial;
* Tutorial Length (typically 3 or 5 hours);
* A description of the tutorial topic(s);
* Organization of the tutorial;
* A description of how the tutorial will contribute to the field of services computing;
* Intended audience and any prerequisite knowledge for attendees; and
* Details about the speaker(s) including full name, affiliation, mailing address, e-mail address, and a short biography.
Please submit proposals by E-mail (in PDF format) to Brahim Medjahed ([hidden email]) AND Qin Zheng ([hidden email]) by June 29, 2009 (23:59 GMT).
*** Important Dates
Tutorial Proposal Submission: June 29, 2009 (23:59 GMT)
Tutorial Proposal Notification: July 20, 2009
IEEE APSCC 2009 Events: December 7 - 11, 2009
*** Tutorial Chairs
Medjahed, Brahim (University of Michigan, USA)
Zheng, Qin (Institute of High Performance Computing, A*STAR, Singapore)