I've asked to Apache Foundation coudl organise an AMAYA ressurection

I've asked to Apache Foundation coudl organise an AMAYA ressurection

HiddenId
Hi all,
I took an initiative: I've send an email to Apache Foundation community, asking if and how, a resurrection of AMAYA project could be launched into Apache Foundation incubator.
I hope to get an answer (or a return) from Incubator Apache Foundation community, about the possibilities of AMAYA resurrection across Apache Foundation Incubator process.
I'm not 100% sure I will get an answer.
If so, or if not, I will post here.
Freely,
Antoine
(hope this initiative will not go against any of current work on AMAYA).

Re: I've asked to Apache Foundation coudl organise an AMAYA ressurection

Etienne Saliez

Yes I am very interested since I have many HTML documents and I need an easy editor.

I am currently migrating to AMAYA although there sometimes problems, among others no management of tables.

Until recently I did use Kompozer but it become completely deprecated in new versions of Ubuntu or Kubuntu.

Moreover a major problem is that it was not standard:

In the case of lists of lists <UL> was directly included inside the previous <UL> and not inside a <LI> .

According to current standards this is no more accepted by AMAYA which make and require a structure as follow, <UL>....</UL> inside the previous <LI>....</LI>

<UL>

<LI>aaaaaa

<UL>

<LI> bbbbbbb

</LI>

</UL>

/LI>

</UL>

Since several Years I did not see that problem because browsers like Firefox tolerate that situation and provide nevertheless a good presentation, but today AMAYA does not accept that any more.

Do you know a software which could perform an automatic reorganization of the <LI> and <UL> ?

Etienne Saliez