I got 403 forbidden when validating

ssilva
To whom it may concern,

I have validated my pages for years with your site. My home page is http://muralsandfauxpainting.com. I just did so for a few pages last week as I am changing the code to be responsive. However, this time any of my pages gets the following note on your site:

I got the following unexpected response when trying to retrieve <http://muralsandfauxpainting.com/>:
403 Forbidden
You can choose to validate the received error document for example if the URL intentionally points to one (there is also a "Validate error pages" option in the options view for this purpose).

Now what is really weird is that when I go to the hyperlink you give to validate error pages, it says it validates and passes as HTML 2.0 with a warning, but my pages are XHTML Transitional 1.  What gives? Is there a glitch on your end? I typed my url in my browser and it takes me to my site, so it doesn't show up as 403 Forbidden.

Please explain if you can. Thanks for your understanding of this matter.

God bless,
Sandy Silva

Re: I got 403 forbidden when validating

Michael[tm] Smith
Hi ssilva,

ssilva <[hidden email]>, 2015-05-27 14:18 -0700:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I have validated my pages for years with your site. My home page is http://muralsandfauxpainting.com. I just did so for a few pages last week as I am changing the code to be responsive. However, this time any of my pages gets the following note on your site:
>
> I got the following unexpected response when trying to retrieve <http://muralsandfauxpainting.com/>:
> 403 Forbidden
> You can choose to validate the received error document for example if the URL intentionally points to one (there is also a "Validate error pages" option in the options view for this purpose).
>
> Now what is really weird is that when I go to the hyperlink you give to validate error pages, it says it validates and passes as HTML 2.0 with a warning, but my pages are XHTML Transitional 1.  What gives? Is there a glitch on your end? I typed my url in my browser and it takes me to my site, so it doesn't show up as 403 Forbidden.
>
> Please explain if you can. Thanks for your understanding of this matter.
If you intend for your content to be real XHTML then you probably should
serve it as application/xhtml+xml and use https://validator.w3.org/nu/ to
validate it, or otherwise use https://validator.nu and set the option that
tells it to ignore the content type.

--