I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13.txt

I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13.txt

Internet-Drafts

 This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Resource Identifiers Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)
        Author(s)       : Martin J. Duerst
                          Michel Suignard
                          Larry Masinter
        Filename        : draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13.txt
        Pages           : 40
        Date            : 2012-10-20

Abstract:
   This document defines the Internationalized Resource Identifier (IRI)
   protocol element, as an extension of the Uniform Resource Identifier
   (URI).  An IRI is a sequence of characters from the Universal
   Character Set (Unicode/ISO 10646).  Grammar and processing rules are
   given for IRIs and related syntactic forms.

   Defining IRI as a new protocol element (rather than updating or
   extending the definition of URI) allows independent orderly
   transitions: protocols and languages that use URIs must explicitly
   choose to allow IRIs.

   Guidelines are provided for the use and deployment of IRIs and
   related protocol elements when revising protocols, formats, and
   software components that currently deal only with URIs.

   This document is part of a set of documents intended to replace RFC
   3987.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

New IRI draft (was: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13.txt)

Martin J. Dürst
Dear IRI WG,

With Larry's help, I have produced another version of
draft-ietf-iri-3987bis.

Rather than looking at the ASCII-only versions, please look at one of
the following versions:

http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13.html
http://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13.pdf
http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13.utf8.txt

A diff for the ASCII-only version is available at
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13.txt,
one for the UTF-8 version at
http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.utf8.txt&url2=http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13.utf8.txt
(you may have to set the encoding to UTF-8 by hand).

The main change is the addition of section 7
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-13#section-7), which
is mainly a reference to Anne's work on the HTML side. Also, some of the
terminology has been cleared up (some more to follow), most of the IANA
stuff (which is in 4395bis) has been removed, and so on.

As usual, any and all comments welcome!

Regards,    Martin.