Howto appy a style to an element without generating a span ?

Howto appy a style to an element without generating a span ?

HiddenId
Hi all,

I've read the doc located here: http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/doc/StyleSheets.html
I try to apply a style to an element without creating a span.
I try ... but without success, even if I try to follow the howto.
It must be very simple, but how ?
  • selecting a text in formated view, then style: it creates a span
  • selecting a text in source view: style menu is not available
Using Amaya 11.4.4 on Ubuntu 12 LTS

Antoine

Re: Howto appy a style to an element without generating a span ?

Christian Ræbild
Hi Antoine,

I think your problem is that you are selecting the text in the element
rather than the element.

To select the element you place the cursor in the element and press F2,
then the style is applied to the element without creating a span when
you apply it from the style menu.

If you need to select a higher order element, such as a div rather than
one of the paragraphs in the div, then you press F2 until the correct
element is selected - You can see in the bottom of the window which kind
of element is selected.

I am using Amaya 11.4.4 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, hopefully it behaves
the same on Ubuntu 12 LTS.

I hope that solves your problem.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Ræbild / Christian Raebild

On 16-12-2012 19:56, HiddenId wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've read the doc located here:
> http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/doc/StyleSheets.html
> I try to apply a style to an element without creating a span.
> I try ... but without success, even if I try to follow the howto.
> It must be very simple, but how ?
>
>   * selecting a text in formated view, then style: it creates a span
>   * selecting a text in source view: style menu is not available
>
> Using Amaya 11.4.4 on Ubuntu 12 LTS
>
> Antoine

Re: Howto appy a style to an element without generating a span ?

Dominique Meeùs-4
Christian Ræbild a écrit ce qui suit, le 16/12/12 22:45 :
If you need to select a higher order element, such as a div rather than one of the paragraphs in the div, then you press F2 until the correct element is selected - You can see in the bottom of the window which kind of element is selected.
And you may even, as an alternative to the F2 way, select the element by clicking it in that bottom list of elements.
--
Amitiés, Dominique,

This made me wonder right away — « Is he deep ? » He wore glasses so it was possible. (Paul McCartney, « Introduction », parlant de John dans John Lennon, In his own write, Jonathan Cape, Londres, 1964.)

Re: Howto appy a style to an element without generating a span ?

Martin J. Dürst
On 2012/12/17 3:56, HiddenId wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've read the doc located here: http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/doc/StyleSheets.html
> I try to apply a style to an element without creating a span.
> I try ... but without success, even if I try to follow the howto.
> It must be very simple, but how ?
>
> * selecting a text in formated view,
Make sure you press ESC or F2 here so that the element, not just the
text in the element, is selected.

Regards,  Martin.
then style: it creates a span
> * selecting a text in source view: style menu is not available
>
> Using Amaya 11.4.4 on Ubuntu 12 LTS
>
> Antoine

Re: Howto appy a style to an element without generating a span ?

HiddenId
Hello Christian, Dominique and Martin.
Thank all of you for your help.
Your solutions works fine.
F2 key + checking the element is selected at the bottom of the window, helps to be sure the element is entirely selected.
I would say that this checking test might be added one day, in  http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/doc/StyleSheets.html
Thanks a lot
(I'm now going to post an other question regarding "adding a class" )
Bien librement,
Antoine

De : ""Martin J. Dürst"" <[hidden email]>
À : HiddenId <[hidden email]>