How to make Windows display the storage size and free space correctly

How to make Windows display the storage size and free space correctly

Xia, Arandar
Hi,
I have a question about WebDAV (mod_dav).
If I map a network drive to a WebDAV server from Windows XP, there will be a drive standing for the WebDAV server in "My Computer". And the total size and free space of this drive will be displayed if choosing to show detailed information or right clicking for its attributes.
Currently, the total size and free space of the WebDAV server are same as the system disk (C disk).
How to make the total size and free space of the WebDAV server be shown correctly as what I want? What properties should be responded to the client for this purpose?
Could anybody help me!?

//Zeyi

Re: How to make Windows display the storage size and free space correctly

Werner Baumann
It is defined in Proposed Standard RFC 4331, Quota and Size Properties
for Distributed Authoring and Versioning (DAV) Collections. But I doubt
that there are many servers that support it. Apache/mod_dav/mod_davfs
does not. Some German providers (1und1) use their own non-standard
method. I heard rumors about Austrian Telecom WebDAV-servers that
support it.
I don't not whether Window's WebDAV-client supports it. I only know of
my own client (davfs2, only available for GNU/Linux) which supports it.
But I never saw any positive response from a server.

Werner

Re: How to make Windows display the storage size and free space correctly

Joe Feise
Werner Baumann wrote on 01/09/10 00:39:

> It is defined in Proposed Standard RFC 4331, Quota and Size Properties
> for Distributed Authoring and Versioning (DAV) Collections. But I doubt
> that there are many servers that support it. Apache/mod_dav/mod_davfs
> does not.

There are patches to provide quota support to Apache/mod_dav:
http://osdir.com/ml/apache.mod-dav.general/2007-02/msg00000.html

-Joe

RE: How to make Windows display the storage size and free space correctly

Xia, Arandar
I have modified my mod_dav to support quota-available-bytes and quota-used-bytes, but Windows (XP and Vista) still does not show the correct size information.
Does anyone know whether Mini-Redirector (WebDAV client of Windows) support these two properties of WebDAV.