How do I create a new style in Amaya?

Alma Hunt
How do I create a new style in Amaya? or is it possible to modify an inbuilt amaya style which is restricted only for one document?
Please clarify

Re: How do I create a new style in Amaya?

Bill Braun
I assume that Amaya is open and an HTML page is loaded.

Block the text you want to style. From the menu, Format > Style Editor.
Make your style selections, then click Apply.

The results of the styling will appear in the HTML code as:

style]</span>

Bill B

Alma Hunt wrote:
> How do I create a new style in Amaya? or is it possible to modify an inbuilt
> amaya style which is restricted only for one document?
> Please clarify

Re: How do I create a new style in Amaya?

Bill Braun
I just realized that I failed to ask if you were using an external style
sheet, and internal style sheet, or inline styles. My response only
describes creating an inline style.

Bill B

Alma Hunt wrote:
> How do I create a new style in Amaya? or is it possible to modify an inbuilt
> amaya style which is restricted only for one document?
> Please clarify

Re: [!! SPAM] Re: How do I create a new style in Amaya?

Christopher Evans-2
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 15:24:44 -0000, Bill Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I assume that Amaya is open and an HTML page is loaded.
>
> Block the text you want to style. From the menu, Format > Style Editor.
> Make your style selections, then click Apply.
>
> The results of the styling will appear in the HTML code as:

> style]</span>

Is there a simpler way for cases where the same new style is to be used a number of times?

For example, is it possible to use on of the themes and then change it in the source view and save it, perhaps under a new name as a new theme?

Are there other ways than changing themes or writing CSS?

Christopher Evans

--
知足无求

Christopher Evans wrote:
> Is there a simpler way for cases where the same new style is to be
> used a number of times?
>
> For example, is it possible to use on of the themes and then change it
> in the source view and save it, perhaps under a new name as a new theme?
>
> Are there other ways than changing themes or writing CSS?

If I understand your question, you can do some styling in HTML markup.
It is limited by comparison to CSS.

Here is a very brief primer on the different ways to use CSS. (When I
say brief, I mean brief <g>.)

http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

You can copy IDs and Classes in an external or internal style sheet. For
example:

#summary {
    margin: 10px 15px 20px 25px;
    color: #000
    height: 200px
    width: 300px
}

Copy the above, change the ID name, then change the values.

#detail {
    margin: 15px 15px 15px 15px;
    color: #fff
    height: 400px
    width: 600px
}

Does that address your question?

Bill B

Re: How do I create a new style in Amaya?

Keith Rubow-2
To create an inline style, simply select the text or elements you wish
to style, then select Format->Style editor... (or click the CSS toolbar
button) and select your styles. Click Apply, and an inline style will be
created.

To create an internal style rule, first create an inline style as
described above. Then (with the text or elements still selected) select
Format->Create rule... and select the desired class or pseudo-class from
the list (or type your own CSS selector). Click Confirm, and the inline
style will be converted to an internal style rule. You may now apply
that style to other elements by selecting the elements and applying the
same class to the elements using Apply class in your panel bar.

To create an external style sheet (the most powerful method), select
File->New->New style sheet... from the menu. Amaya helps you to create
styles as follows. Type the CSS selector and opening brace as follows:
p.mystyle {

Then click the CSS toolbar button and select your styles. The styles
will be added to your style sheet when you click Apply. You must still
add the closing brace. Create as many styles as you want.

Now you must link the style sheet to your HTML or XHTML document. Save
the style sheet, and go to your HTML or XHTML document. Select
Format->Style sheets->Link..., and select your style sheet. The style
sheet is now linked, and classes defined in your CSS selectors will
appear in the list of classes under Apply class in the panel bar.
Applying the classes will cause the styles from your style sheet to be
applied.

Keith Rubow

Keith Rubow wrote:

> To create an inline style, simply select the text or elements you wish
> to style, then select Format->Style editor... (or click the CSS
> toolbar button) and select your styles. Click Apply, and an inline
> style will be created.
>
> To create an internal style rule, first create an inline style as
> described above. Then (with the text or elements still selected)
> select Format->Create rule... and select the desired class or
> pseudo-class from the list (or type your own CSS selector). Click
> Confirm, and the inline style will be converted to an internal style
> rule. You may now apply that style to other elements by selecting the
> elements and applying the same class to the elements using Apply class
> in your panel bar.
>
> To create an external style sheet (the most powerful method), select
> File->New->New style sheet... from the menu. Amaya helps you to create
> styles as follows. Type the CSS selector and opening brace as follows:
> p.mystyle {
>
> Then click the CSS toolbar button and select your styles. The styles
> will be added to your style sheet when you click Apply. You must still
> add the closing brace. Create as many styles as you want.
>
> Now you must link the style sheet to your HTML or XHTML document. Save
> the style sheet, and go to your HTML or XHTML document. Select
> Format->Style sheets->Link..., and select your style sheet. The style
> sheet is now linked, and classes defined in your CSS selectors will
> appear in the list of classes under Apply class in the panel bar.
> Applying the classes will cause the styles from your style sheet to be
> applied.
>
> Keith Rubow

This strikes me as a pretty good tutorial. Can it be included in the
help file (with Keith's permission of course).

Bill B

Re: [!! SPAM] Re: How do I create a new style in Amaya?

Alma Hunt
Thanks every one for your active participation.

Christopher Evans-2 wrote

--
知足无求