HTML5 Spec Section 2.2.2 and the DOM Parsing and Serialization Spec

HTML5 Spec Section 2.2.2 and the DOM Parsing and Serialization Spec

T.J. Crowder
Hi,

In Section 2.2.2, the spec says:

In addition, user agents must implement the features defined in the DOM Parsing and Serialization specification, HTML Editing APIs, and UndoManager and DOM Transaction specifications that apply to their conformance class.

Below which it says:

The following features are defined in the DOM Parsing and Serialization specification: [DOMPARSING]
* innerHTML
* outerHTML

I looked at the conformance class stuff, in particular the "Web browsers and other interactive user agents" bit, and it wasn't clear to me that they are required to implement [DOMPARSING]. I assume they are, but it wasn't clear to me from the spec.

Am I correct that they are? If so, could we clarify that in the spec?

T.J. Crowder
tj / crowder software / com
www / crowder software / com