HTHstMan.h is missing #include <netinet/in.h> or #include "wwwsys.h" or both

HTHstMan.h is missing #include <netinet/in.h> or #include "wwwsys.h" or both

kordex -
I was porting this old mosaic to new libwww (5.4) and i encountered this ../libwww2/HTHstMan.h:94: error: field 'sock_addr' has incomplete type among other errors, It was fixed by adding those lines. Surely it can be my fault as I am still learning C or more learning to program C on unix platforms but for my knowledge
there should be both lines as there is reference to wwwsys.h but no include to it.

Re: HTHstMan.h is missing #include <netinet/in.h> or #include "wwwsys.h" or both

Vic Bancroft-2

kordex - wrote:
> I was porting this old mosaic to new libwww (5.4) and i encountered this
> .../libwww2/HTHstMan.h:94: error: field 'sock_addr' has incomplete type among
> other errors, It was fixed by adding those lines.
What operating system and compiler version are you using ?  Can you post
a diff of what your environment requires ?
> Surely it can be my fault as I am still learning C or more learning to program C on unix platforms but for my knowledge there should be both lines as there is reference to wwwsys.h but no include to it.

Well, a good example is perhaps HTNet.c which before it includes
HTHstMan.h previously includes wwwsys.h.  In my world, the configure
script must detect the host environment and write out a system specific
wwwconf.h such that appropriate structures are instantiated.

more,
l8r,

"The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet."
 -- William Gibson, quoted by Whitfield Diffie