Greetings!

David White-2
KCC Stationery
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding SVG and <text> element.  Is it possible to allow for an image to be scalable and have a fixed font?  I'm trying to use SVG for print in manuals where the dimensions of the manuals change (US/Y5/A4 etc).  I have text in my SVGs but I do not want them to scale with the rest of the image.

Any suggestions?

David White
Ken Cook Co.,
Content Management
tel: 414.847.1322

Re: Greetings!

Dean Jackson-4

Hi David,

On 15/06/2006, at 12:08 AM, David White wrote:

> I have a question regarding SVG and <text> element.  Is it possible
> to allow for an image to be scalable and have a fixed font?  I'm
> trying to use SVG for print in manuals where the dimensions of the
> manuals change (US/Y5/A4 etc).  I have text in my SVGs but I do not
> want them to scale with the rest of the image.

No, sorry, this is not possible.

The only way I can think of to get this behaviour is by using
ECMAscript (on document load work out the dimensions of the image and
adjust the font size).

Dean

Re: Greetings!

dhakar
I think this is not possible with simple svg.But this can be done through scripting by changing the image dimensions and font size in the load event of the document

Regards
Dhakar