Fwd announcement "Towards MathJax 3.0"

William F Hammond
Dear Friends --

Several days ago the MathJax team announced plans for
version 3 of MathJax.  It appears that the MathJax team no
longer wants their development path to be focused on
promoting native browser rendering of MathML.

However, as I understand it, their html/css and svg
renderings will continue to be derived from MathML and the
(MathJax versions of) Tex and ascii-math inputs will
continue to be available as author-friendly inputs for math.

I'm surprised that they seem not to have announced it here.
Someone else shared the announcement in "texhax", and I
think it to be of even more relevance here.  The team's
thoughts about diagrams are certainly relevant here.

https://www.mathjax.org/whitepaper-towards-mathjax-v3/

                          -- Bill

Re: Fwd announcement "Towards MathJax 3.0"

Peter Krautzberger
Hi www-math,

Thanks for cross-posting here, Bill! It was on our to-do list but fell through the cracks.

> However, as I understand it, their html/css and svg renderings will continue to be derived from MathML

That's correct though improving MathJax's internal format (which is essentially MathML) is on the table.

> and the (MathJax versions of) Tex and ascii-math inputs will continue to be available as author-friendly inputs for math.

That's correct.

Best regards,
Peter.