Fwd: W3C wiki and multilingual contributions

Fwd: W3C wiki and multilingual contributions

Chris Mills-6
Sending this to the list, as it would probably be beneficial to everyone!

> On 14 Jul 2011, at 21:40, Karl Dubost wrote:
>
>> Jeremie, others,
>>
>> Le 14 juil. 2011 à 16:23, Jeremie Patonnier a écrit :
>>> This is my first time on this ML. I'm a French web designer highly involved in Web standards evangelism.
>>
>> Welcome Jeremie, good to see you here.
>
> Hi there Jeremie - thank you so much for your offer of help! When we have got things moving a little bit more, and worked out how to handle i18n on the Wiki, we will definitely be in touch.
>
> In fact, a good thing for you to do is to monitor the Discussion page for each article, for example if you look at
>
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/The_basics_of_HTML
>
> this article's discussion page is
>
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Talk:The_basics_of_HTML
>
> or under the "Discussion" link at the top of the page. Here we will record information of what the update status is. If you see a flag here to say the update is finished, then there is nothing to stop you starting some translation work.
>
> Karl, is there a better way to handle this? Didn't you say there was a watch list of some kind you could go on, to get notifications about updates to the Wiki? Maybe this would be useful to Jeremie?
>
> all the best,
>
> Chris

Re: Fwd: W3C wiki and multilingual contributions

marc-182
Hello

Since Jeremie has mentioned to handle the French translations, I'm willing
to put my effort into the Dutch version.

Kind regards,
Marc

mailto:[hidden email]?Subject=Re%3A%20Fwd%3A%20W3C%20wiki%20and%20multilingual%20contributions&In-Reply-To=%253CF5BE56FA-9902-437C-8BCD-2FEDB7E47BB3%40opera.com%253E&References=%253CF5BE56FA-9902-437C-8BCD-2FEDB7E47BB3%40opera.com%253E

Re: W3C wiki and multilingual contributions

Chris Mills-6

On 20 Jul 2011, at 22:38, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello
>
> Since Jeremie has mentioned to handle the French translations, I'm willing
> to put my effort into the Dutch version.

Thank you so much for your offer of help Marc. Next week I will start work on doing some of the article updates. Once those are done, I will let you guys know on this list, so you can start work on some translations.

please get me OUT of your MAILING LIST - thanks

Sono-2
please get me OUT of your MAILING LIST.

thanks

ALL THOSE MAILS ARE FAR TOO DEMANDING FROM ME, HAVING HAD A SEVERE CRANIAL TRAUMA

Re: please get me OUT of your MAILING LIST - thanks

Coralie Mercier

On Jul 22, 2011, at 16:51 , Sono wrote:

> please get me OUT of your MAILING LIST.
>
> thanks
>
> ALL THOSE MAILS ARE FAR TOO DEMANDING FROM ME, HAVING HAD A SEVERE CRANIAL TRAUMA

Done (the subscription was initially requested from your e-mail address, exactly 4 years ago --I'm clarifying this as your message sounds like it's unsolicited conversation).

Others who should like to unsubscribe may do so by writing to [hidden email] with 'unsubscribe' in the subject.

Best regards,
Coralie

Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
     W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR
mailto:[hidden email] +33492387590 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/

Re: please get me OUT of your MAILING LIST - thanks

Karl Dubost-5

Le 22 juil. 2011 à 10:51, Sono a écrit :
> please get me OUT of your MAILING LIST.

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-evangelist/
The link unsubscribe from this list

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/

Re: W3C wiki and multilingual contributions

Jeremie Patonnier
Hi

2011/7/22 Chris Mills <[hidden email]>

On 20 Jul 2011, at 22:38, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello
>
> Since Jeremie has mentioned to handle the French translations, I'm willing
> to put my effort into the Dutch version.

Thank you so much for your offer of help Marc. Next week I will start work on doing some of the article updates. Once those are done, I will let you guys know on this list, so you can start work on some translations.

I guess that articles which has a comment like "NOT MANY UPDATES NEEDED" might be a good start for translators. Of course some of the key articles (such as introduction to technologies or general articles) do not fall in that category. But it's a start.

Cheers
--
Jeremie
Web : http://jeremie.patonnier.net
Twitter : @JeremiePat

On 22 Jul 2011, at 21:18, Jeremie Patonnier wrote:

Hi

2011/7/22 Chris Mills <[hidden email]>

On 20 Jul 2011, at 22:38, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello
>
> Since Jeremie has mentioned to handle the French translations, I'm willing
> to put my effort into the Dutch version.

Thank you so much for your offer of help Marc. Next week I will start work on doing some of the article updates. Once those are done, I will let you guys know on this list, so you can start work on some translations.

I guess that articles which has a comment like "NOT MANY UPDATES NEEDED" might be a good start for translators. Of course some of the key articles (such as introduction to technologies or general articles) do not fall in that category. But it's a start.

yes, those are good ones to start with. I will start going through this week as well, and updating articles as I go. I'll post on this list as well as on the discussion pages when I think an article is ready to be translated. Of course, this won't stop others coming along and making more updates, but that is the nature of Wikis! I think the English versions and the translations will diverge somewhat as time goes on, but that's ok, as long as they still teach the same good stuff.