Fwd: REMINDER: Last Call for: "Encoding"

Threaded

Fwd: REMINDER: Last Call for: "Encoding"

Mark Nottingham-2
FYI.

> While encodings have been defined to some extent, implementations have not always implemented them in the same way, have not always used the same labels, and often differ in dealing with undefined and former proprietary areas of encodings. This specification attempts to fill those gaps so that new implementations do not have to reverse engineer encoding implementations of the market leaders and existing implementations can converge.

Begin forwarded message:

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

Threaded

RE: REMINDER: Last Call for: "Encoding"

masinter
You should have also noted

"Historically encodings and their specifications (if any) were kept track of by the IANA Character Sets <http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets/character-sets.xhtml> registry. This specification renders that registry obsolete."

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

Threaded

Re: REMINDER: Last Call for: "Encoding"

Mark Nottingham-2
Thanks, Larry; I'll confess to not reading the spec in detail.

I'll follow up with IETF folks to make sure this is understood on our side.

Regards,