Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.txt

Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.txt

Martin J. Dürst
Dear IRI WG,

Just before the Internet Draft final submission cut-off, I have
submitted a new version of draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.txt.

The main change this time is that there are now versions with non-ASCII
characters. This is very helpful for examples, and also quite nice for
peoples' names. I don't have non-ASCII equivalents for everybody's name,
in particular in the Acknowledgements section, so please send me any you
know.

There are not many other changes. The most notable ones are that I
removed the mention of "Draft Standard" (because that just doesn't exist
anymore), and that there is a change in wording removing the word
"origin" (issue #128).

Peter, we may be able to close issue #128 (it's your choice both as the
person who raised it and as a chair). But we need some new issue(s?) to
cover the questions that Dave brought up re. query parts.

The 'pure' US-ASCII text version is at
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.txt,
the HTMLized US-ASCII version at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.

But you should look at one of the versions that contain Unicode, either
the text version at
http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.utf8.txt,
the HTML version at
http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.html,
or the PDF version at
http://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.pdf.

A diff for the US-ASCII version can be found at
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.txt.

A diff for the UTF-8 version can be found at
http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-11.txt&url2=http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.utf8.txt.
(you may have to tell your browser that you want the result to be
interpreted as UTF-8).

A diff between the US-ASCII and the UTF-8 version of draft -12 can be
found at
http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-11.txt&url2=http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.utf8.txt.

Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.txt

Peter Saint-Andre-2
On 7/17/12 4:54 AM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:

> Dear IRI WG,
>
> Just before the Internet Draft final submission cut-off, I have
> submitted a new version of draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.txt.
>
> The main change this time is that there are now versions with non-ASCII
> characters. This is very helpful for examples, and also quite nice for
> peoples' names. I don't have non-ASCII equivalents for everybody's name,
> in particular in the Acknowledgements section, so please send me any you
> know.

That's great. What tool did you use to generate the i18n-friendly files?

> There are not many other changes. The most notable ones are that I
> removed the mention of "Draft Standard" (because that just doesn't exist
> anymore), and that there is a change in wording removing the word
> "origin" (issue #128).
>
> Peter, we may be able to close issue #128 (it's your choice both as the
> person who raised it and as a chair).

Done.

> But we need some new issue(s?) to
> cover the questions that Dave brought up re. query parts.

Agreed. Dave, if you would be so kind as to send me text for the
ticket(s), I would be most grateful.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre