Fwd: HyBi BOF announcement

Thomas Roessler
FYI; probably of interest to this list.
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>

Begin forwarded message:

From: Salvatore Loreto <[hidden email]>
Date: 12 September 2009 12:49:47 GMT+02:00
Subject: HyBi BOF announcement

Hi,
Peter Saint-Andre, Joe Hildebrand and I are organizing an HyBi BOF in Hiroshima.
There is also a wiki page that will be update to keep all the information: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki/HyBi

We are still working on the Charter Proposal and on the Agenda so all the proposal and comments are welcome!

The purpose of this BoF and eventual WG is to work on
"HTTP bidirectional" communication and both its improvement and evolution in new a protocol(s)

Here are the topics we are thinking to include in the charter proposal:

  *   Characterize and describe the design space for long-poll
    applications
  *   list the Requirements for new browser protocol
  *   New browser protocol. WebSockets as a possible starting point.
  *   at the same time, while waiting for new eventual protocol to be
    deployed,
      we envision the need to continue to improve the long-poll approach:
        o a suggested long-poll approach
        o how to improve or optimize middle-box (e.g. proxy)
          interoperability
        o Protocol bindings into the long-poll approach

best regards
Salvatore Loreto
www.sloreto.com