Fw: [dsdl-discuss] Re: NVDL and XHTML+XForms

Fw: [dsdl-discuss] Re: NVDL and XHTML+XForms

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)

Forwarded by MURATA Makoto <[hidden email]>
 From:    "Martin Bryan" <[hidden email]>
 To:      <[hidden email]>,
          <[hidden email]>
 Cc:      <[hidden email]>
 Date:    Fri, 4 Nov 2005 20:01:34 -0000
 Subject: [dsdl-discuss] Re: NVDL and XHTML+XForms
----

Murata-san

> I thought that <trigger> of NVDL is good enough for XHTML+XForms
> even when they share the same namespace URI.  However, I might
> have been too optimistic.
>
> Consider an XForms subtree <select1> embededded in an XHTML document.
> In my understanding, another XHTML subtree <p> may be embedded in this
> XForms subtree.   (Am I right?)

That's my understanding - a single form can be in multiple parts within a
single HTML document.

> Then, we have to specify "p" using the trigger element of NVDL so that
> we can extract the embedded <p> and validate it against the XHTML
> schema.  However, another <p> may appear dicretly below the <body>
> element of the XHTML document.  Such <p> will be mistakenly detached
> from the top-level XHTML, although it should not.
>
> We can overcome this problem by slightly extending the trigger element
> of NVDL.  For example, we can allow a <trigger> to specify a list of
> qualified names.  This <trigger> element detach an element from its
> parent element when (1) the qualified name of this element is in this
> list and (2) the qualified tag name of the parent element is NOT in
> this list.  However, the use of different namespaces for different
> vocabularies is a much better solution.

Can you let us have an example of this new functionality so we can see how
it works in context?

Thanks

Martin

--