Form Post from Firefox

Shawn M. Jones
report=I'm completely baffled as to what the problem could be.  This RDF document is available at two URIs.  Using one URI gives no errors, using the other gives

An attempt to load the RDF from URI 'http://www.littleprojects.org/~smj/courses/cs751-s11/assignment2/lostfoaf..rdf' failed. (Undecodable data when reading URI at byte 0 using encoding 'UTF-8'. Please check encoding and encoding declaration of your document.)

The only difference is the server, which returns Content-Type: application/rdf+xml for each document, so I'm confused as to what could be causing the validator to find "undecodable data".
RDF=<?xml version="1.0">

Re: Form Post from Firefox

Danny Ayers
Changing lostfoaf..rdf to lostfoaf.rdf produces a 'valid' message

http://danny.ayers.name

Re: Form Post from Firefox

Shawn M. Jones
At first I smacked my head in embarrassment thinking I shouldn't work so late.  I did as you suggested, but now I get a similar message.

        An attempt to load the RDF from URI 'http://www.littleprojects.org/~smj/courses/cs751-s11/assignment2/lostfoaf.rdf' failed. (Undecodable data when reading URI at byte 30146 using encoding 'UTF-8'. Please check encoding and encoding declaration of your document.)

The same file on a different server at URI (http://www.cs.odu.edu/~sjone/courses/cs751-s11/assignment2/lostfoaf.rdf) produces "Your RDF document validated successfully."

I ensured that the content type for rdf files was set to "application/rdf+xml".  Are there any other server settings I need to be aware of for publishing RDF content?

Thanks,

Shawn M. Jones

On Mar 4, 2011, at 12:02 PM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> Changing lostfoaf..rdf to lostfoaf.rdf produces a 'valid' message
>
> On 4 March 2011 05:29, Shawn M. Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> report=I'm completely baffled as to what the problem could be.  This RDF document is available at two URIs.  Using one URI gives no errors, using the other gives
>>
>> An attempt to load the RDF from URI 'http://www.littleprojects.org/~smj/courses/cs751-s11/assignment2/lostfoaf..rdf' failed. (Undecodable data when reading URI at byte 0 using encoding 'UTF-8'. Please check encoding and encoding declaration of your document.)
>>
>> The only difference is the server, which returns Content-Type: application/rdf+xml for each document, so I'm confused as to what could be causing the validator to find "undecodable data".
>> RDF=<?xml version="1.0">
>>

> --
> http://danny.ayers.name

Re: Form Post from Firefox

Danny Ayers
http://www.littleprojects.org/~smj/courses/cs751-s11/assignment2/lostfoaf.rdf

This morning I rebooted and this was still in Firefox - I got the same
error message, except at byte 31594. Same for a handful of retries.

Very odd!

Downloading the file with curl and running it through rapper -c says
503 triples.

The validator works fine on a copy of the file I put at;
http://hyperdata.org/misc/lostfoaf.rdf

The validator at:
http://validator.w3.org/

reports Well-formed XML

Looking at the file, the only thing that I could see that might
possibly cause problems was an unescaped '&' in a comment - I can't
remember XML well enough to know if that's officially a problem (but
the w3c validator doesn't seem to think so...).

http://danny.ayers.name

Re: Form Post from Firefox

Danny Ayers
Still puzzled, so I threw a little script at the file - attached -
still can't see anything the matter.

Any problems with other files on the same server?

--
http://danny.ayers.name

download.py (484 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Form Post from Firefox

Shawn M. Jones
It appears that no RDF files are served properly by the server, at least as far as the W3C validator is concerned.

For example, I get the following error message in the RDF validator:
An attempt to load the RDF from URI 'http://www.littleprojects.org/foaf.rdf' failed. (Undecodable data when reading URI at byte 0 using encoding 'UTF-8'. Please check encoding and encoding declaration of your document.)

But the same file hosted at http://www.cs.odu.edu/~sjone/foaf.rdf reports "Your RDF document validated successfully."

I control the littleprojects.org server.  Is there anything special I need to do to Apache to serve up RDF?  I'm quite perplexed.

--Shawn