Fetch & Streams meeting

Anne van Kesteren-4
Hey Art,

We've tentatively decided to meet TPAC's Monday from 10AM to 12PM to
discuss technical details of Fetch & Streams. This would probably be
best as a breakout session. Any thoughts on how we should announce
this other than on www-archive?

Thank you,

https://annevankesteren.nl/

Re: Fetch & Streams meeting

Arthur Barstow-2
> Hey Art,
>
> We've tentatively decided to meet TPAC's Monday from 10AM to 12PM to
> discuss technical details of Fetch & Streams. This would probably be
> best as a breakout session.

Given those topics, it seems like the discussions could be included
directly in WebApps' meeting. Currently, there are plenty of open slots
on Monday and I'd be happy to add these topics at time slots that are
convenient for you
<https://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/October2015Meeting#Agenda_Monday_October_26>.
WDYT?

-Art

> Any thoughts on how we should announce
> this other than on www-archive?
>
> Thank you,

Re: Fetch & Streams meeting

Anne van Kesteren-4
On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 1:30 AM, Arthur Barstow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Given those topics, it seems like the discussions could be included directly
> in WebApps' meeting. Currently, there are plenty of open slots on Monday and
> I'd be happy to add these topics at time slots that are convenient for you
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/October2015Meeting#Agenda_Monday_October_26>.
> WDYT?

I think that might be too large of a group, but probably acceptable as
long as we don't discuss anything non-technical and that is enforced
by the chairs. It's a bit hard to say. If it's sixty people and we
only need the attention of around five, it might end up being a
gigantic waste of time for fifty-five people. And potentially of those
five, if the fifty-five try to chime in without having informed
themselves. So I guess another requirement would be that everyone that
wants to take part in the discussion needs to have read the relevant
documents.

https://annevankesteren.nl/

Re: Fetch & Streams meeting

Takeshi Yoshino
On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Anne van Kesteren <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 1:30 AM, Arthur Barstow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Given those topics, it seems like the discussions could be included directly
> in WebApps' meeting. Currently, there are plenty of open slots on Monday and
> I'd be happy to add these topics at time slots that are convenient for you
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/October2015Meeting#Agenda_Monday_October_26>.
> WDYT?

I think that might be too large of a group, but probably acceptable as
long as we don't discuss anything non-technical and that is enforced
by the chairs. It's a bit hard to say. If it's sixty people and we
only need the attention of around five, it might end up being a
gigantic waste of time for fifty-five people. And potentially of those
five, if the fifty-five try to chime in without having informed
themselves. So I guess another requirement would be that everyone that
wants to take part in the discussion needs to have read the relevant
documents.

Yeah, having a smaller break out session (people listed in To/Cc + any one who want to join) would be better as we're likely to discuss some technical details. Also in the main WG, Fetch/Streams could be discussed in the way Anne described above.

Re: Fetch & Streams meeting

Edward O'Connor-2
Hi Anne,

You wrote:

> I think that might be too large of a group, but probably acceptable as
> long as we don't discuss anything non-technical and that is enforced
> by the chairs. It's a bit hard to say. If it's sixty people and we
> only need the attention of around five, it might end up being a
> gigantic waste of time for fifty-five people.

How is that different than any other topic we'll cover in the F2F?

Re: Fetch & Streams meeting

Anne van Kesteren-4
On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Edward O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How is that different than any other topic we'll cover in the F2F?

I don't know, but it would make me not want to participate. I've
frequently said that not doing unconference for large WGs makes the
meetings ineffective (except, you know, memes).

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/