Feedback form on W3C HTML5 document

Stefan Weiss-2
Hello.

I'm trying to find out if the feedback form on the current Editor's
Draft for HTML5 is working correctly. I am not subscribed to any of the
W3C or WHATWG lists (until now, that is), so I followed the suggestion
to leave feedback via the embedded form near the top of
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html

The only response I got on my submission was:
"xx.xx.xx.xx (my ip address) was added to the spam filter."

Is this how the form is supposed to operate? Was my message received or
have I just been blocked as a spammer? In either case, a more verbose
reply would be helpful. I have JS disabled by default, in case that
makes any difference.

For the record, and to whom the feedback may be of use, I was only
trying to notify the editors of a simple typo. Here's the original
submission (for which I apparently got blocked):

Typo, section 2.7.3 (Determining the type of a resource):
| Let position be a pointed into s, initially pointing at ...
was (probably) intended to read
| Let position be a pointer into s, initially pointing at ...
The misspelled word is "pointer".

Regards,
Stefan Weiss <[hidden email]>

To whoever maintains the spam filter there, I would appreciate being
removed from it :)

regards,
stefan weis

Re: Feedback form on W3C HTML5 document

Ian Hickson
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Stefan Weiss wrote:

> I'm trying to find out if the feedback form on the current Editor's
> Draft for HTML5 is working correctly. I am not subscribed to any of the
> W3C or WHATWG lists (until now, that is), so I followed the suggestion
> to leave feedback via the embedded form near the top of
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html
>
> The only response I got on my submission was: "xx.xx.xx.xx (my ip
> address) was added to the spam filter."
>
> Is this how the form is supposed to operate? Was my message received or
> have I just been blocked as a spammer? In either case, a more verbose
> reply would be helpful. I have JS disabled by default, in case that
> makes any difference.
>
> For the record, and to whom the feedback may be of use, I was only
> trying to notify the editors of a simple typo. Here's the original
> submission (for which I apparently got blocked):

The form requires scripting enabled to filter spammers, sorry. I've
updated the message to say that rather than mention a spam filter. (The
message was a lie, there is no spam filter black-list. I never got around
to implementing it.)

> Typo, section 2.7.3 (Determining the type of a resource):
> | Let position be a pointed into s, initially pointing at ...
> was (probably) intended to read
> | Let position be a pointer into s, initially pointing at ...
> The misspelled word is "pointer".

Thanks. Fixed.