Feature wish: Doctype policy ...

Leif Halvard Silli-4
Dear developers, could you make Amaya

a. respect "unknown" doctype declarations (aka not make changes to them)
b. not destroy _documents_ with unknown doctype declarations
c. not remove elements that are not conforming to the DOCTYPE in use.
d. not add in the XML declaration without asking the author for
permission first ...
e. generate XHTML syntax, also when using the HTML5 doctype
f. respect internal DTD subsets (this is a variant of a.)

I experience

- that Amaya removes the <embed> element, because it does not see
  it as part of the document type in use.
  (I am not a fan of <embed>, but sometimes it is easiest to use
  the code Youtube offer ...)
- that unknown XHTML DOCTYPEs causes Amya to insert malformed XML
  declarations - the "<?" and "?>" are lacking, and so it is only
  a shadow of a XML declaration.)
- that internal DTD subsets in the doctype declaration causes
  Amaya to deform the DOCTYPE declaration

It is OK with strong ties between validation and DOCTYPE declaration -
of course. But not more than that.

Example: XHTML+RDFa 1.1 will contain the lang attribute, it seems.
Unlike XHTML+RDFa 1.0, which Amaya support. So if I want to
"experiment" by adding the lang attribute, then Amaya will remove the
lang attribute ... So, I guess I have to wait until Amaya officially
supports XHTML+RDFa 1.1 before I can add a lang attribute ...

This are just examples of how difficult it is to get Amaya to do what
one wants ...
--
leif halvard silli