Feature request: automatic namespace tables

Feature request: automatic namespace tables

Phil Archer-4
This is something I can have a go at myself as a standalone script but
my skills are well below what's required to offer new code for ReSpec so
I'll test the water here and see what the reaction is.

Lots of our documents include tables of namespaces used, like
https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-duv/#namespaces-1

It would be really cool if those tables could be created automatically,
perhaps by searching through the doc for /[az]+:[azAZ_]/ and then
processing them. There's an online service, prefix.cc, that has all the
common prefixes used and presumably we could add in unusual ones in much
the same way we do for references.

Any takers? (please!)

Phil.

--

Phil Archer
W3C Data Activity Lead

http://philarcher.org
+44 (0)7887 767755
@philarcher1

Re: Feature request: automatic namespace tables

Marcos Caceres-4
Hi Phil,

On March 29, 2016 at 8:36:54 PM, Phil Archer ([hidden email]) wrote:

> This is something I can have a go at myself as a standalone script but
> my skills are well below what's required to offer new code for ReSpec so
> I'll test the water here and see what the reaction is.
>
> Lots of our documents include tables of namespaces used, like
> https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-duv/#namespaces-1
>
> It would be really cool if those tables could be created automatically,
> perhaps by searching through the doc for /[az]+:[azAZ_]/ and then
> processing them. There's an online service, prefix.cc, that has all the
> common prefixes used and presumably we could add in unusual ones in much
> the same way we do for references.
>
> Any takers? (please!)

Can I kindly ask that you please lodge the above as an issue:

https://github.com/w3c/respec/issues

I will mark it as a feature request and we can continue the discussion on GH.