FW: RSS paid access?

BURNHAM Zachary

So we were working with your RSS feed validator and found that we were blocked after a number of accesses.  We were redirected to a page where we were to buy credits, which is fine, but it pointed us at the w3c Validator Suite, which does not appear to handle RSS feeds.  How does one go about paying for access to the RSS validator?

Zachary BURNHAM

Senior SolidWorks Community Developer

Office: +1 78 1810 3824
[hidden email]

3DS Logo

3DS.COM/SOLIDWORKS

DS SolidWorks Corporation | 175 Wyman Street | Waltham, MA 02451 | United States

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer

FW: RSS paid access?

Guillaume Baudusseau
Hello Zachary,

In the current state, the Validator Suite doesn't implement the RSS feed
Validator. You can see on the main page https://validator-suite.w3.org/,
in "Features" section,  the implemented functionalities as HTML, CSS &
Internationalization validations.

To use RSS Feed Validator you have to use http://validator.w3.org/feed/.
Note that service doesn't support Website crawling and it check an only
page per validation.

Concerning this blocking message, the number of validations requests
from an IP address is limited in time. W3C imposes restrictions to
ensure  the service remains available to the community.

We will continue to increase Validator resources and services so feel
free to ask me if you have some comments, questions or suggestions.

Best regards,

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Baudusseau                 World Wide Web Consortium
Validators Staff                     http://www.w3.org

Re: RSS paid access?

Guillaume Baudusseau
Hi Zachary,

RSS Feed Validator use a software that is not developed at W3C. You can find the original project here : http://feedvalidator.org/

This is some link which can help you :

install documentation : http://feedvalidator.org/docs/howto/install_and_run.html
to send an issue : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/feedvalidator-users

Best Regards,

Guillaume

On 09/10/2014 17:46, BURNHAM Zachary wrote:
We're trying to implement the python script in place of using your web service but there are a couple of issues we're running into.  What I had hoped to do was run the command line utilitiy (demo.py) and use the result of that to determine validity.  However, there doesn't appear to be a clear method to make that determination; the result code from the command always seems to be 1 no matter the validity (or lack thereof) of the rss feed.  Is there something else to go by here?  Do we have to implement this as a cgi?  Is there another way to go?

Best Regards,
Zachary BURNHAM
Senior SolidWorks Community Developer

-----------------------
Office: +1 78 1810 3824
[hidden email]
http://www.3ds.com/solidworks
DS SolidWorks Corporation | 175 Wyman Street | Waltham, MA 02451 | United States

Validators Staff                     http://www.w3.org
[hidden email]                     Tel: +33 633 344 593

Re: RSS paid access?

Eric Richards-2
How do you leave this group

the validator has not been fixed as I point out