FW: New W3C Test Suite Licenses

paul.downey

Something we could consider, when publishing the test suite and reports:

---

I am pleased to announce new W3C Test Suites Licenses available
for immediate use:
  http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/04-testsuite-copyright

We received no additional comments as a result of our July request
for comments [1].

As a reminder, two licenses were created to satisfy two goals:

  1. Enable developers to use test cases easily, and promote software
     development and bugtracking. For this goal, there is a BSD-based
     license:
     http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/03-bsd-license

  2. Enable a W3C Working Group to create a branded, "Authoritative
     W3C Test Suite" to reflect the group consensus process, and to
     promote interoperability and stability of performance claims. For
     this goal, there is a W3C Test Suite License:
     http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/04-testsuite-license

Information about how to use the licenses is available:
 http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/04-testsuite-copyright#howtouse

We expect there to be questions about the policy, which we will track
on the license home page:
 http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/04-testsuite-copyright#faq

We have started by providing an answer to this question:

 Q1. How does this affect test suites published prior to this policy?
    http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/04-testsuite-copyright#q1

The new license information is linked from the Chairs' guidebook:
  http://www.w3.org/Guide/

If you have additional questions please contact Rigo Wenning or Ian
Jacobs on [hidden email].

Thank you,

Rigo Wenning and Ian Jacobs

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2008JulSep/0007
--
Ian Jacobs ([hidden email])   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

------ End of Forwarded Message