FW: Installation problem

Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)

Yosi,

FYI:

<dbooth> I'm trying to install cwm.
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/CwmInstall says to get and unpack the
tarball at http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/cwm.tar.gz , which I did.  And
the README therein says to "cd test; make", which I did, but it's giving
some errors:
<dbooth> [[
<dbooth> python: can't open file '../cwm.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory
<dbooth> ...
--> evlist (n=[hidden email]) has joined #swig
<dbooth> ######### from normal case ref_animal.n3: cwm -rdf animal.rdf
-n3
<dbooth> make: *** [quick] Error 255
<dbooth> ]]]
<dbooth> Any hints?  Should I report this to someone?  I'll try make
clean, etc. next I guess.
--> pgregory (n=[hidden email]) has
joined #swig
<dbooth> hmm, there's no "clean" target for make in the test dir.
<dbooth> I'll try "./setup.py install" next.
<dbooth> hmm, "./setup.py install" ended with "error: file 'delta' does
not exist".  Not encouraging.
<timbl> dbooth, check with yosi
<sbp> dbooth: you can safely ignore that error
<timbl> You can also try a cvs checkout
<dbooth> ok, thanks
<sbp> dbooth: there's also a more recent, undocumented, tarball at
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/cwm-1.2.0.tar.gz
<sbp> which is the one that I tend to give out to people
<dbooth> ok, i'll try that one.  :)
<sbp> I wouldn't bother with the tests. just sudo python setup.py
install, ignore the delta error, and be done with it

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  [hidden email]
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.

CWM bugs list URL is 404

Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)

Here is the auto reply message I got upon emailing a bug report to [hidden email]:

But that URL is 404.

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  [hidden email]
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Re: FW: Installation problem

Yosi Scharf

The README is wrong. It should say to run make post-install (which knows
the right name for the cwm main file)

I wonder what happened to the delta file. It's easy enough to recreate.

I just made http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/cwm-1.2.1.tar.gz with those
fixes.

Yosi

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 14:47 +0000, Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)
wrote:

> Yosi,
>
> FYI:
>
> <dbooth> I'm trying to install cwm.
> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/CwmInstall says to get and unpack the
> tarball at http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/cwm.tar.gz , which I did.  And
> the README therein says to "cd test; make", which I did, but it's giving
> some errors:
> <dbooth> [[
> <dbooth> python: can't open file '../cwm.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
> directory
> <dbooth> ...
> --> evlist (n=[hidden email]) has joined #swig
> <dbooth> ######### from normal case ref_animal.n3: cwm -rdf animal.rdf
> -n3
> <dbooth> make: *** [quick] Error 255
> <dbooth> ]]]
> <dbooth> Any hints?  Should I report this to someone?  I'll try make
> clean, etc. next I guess.
> --> pgregory (n=[hidden email]) has
> joined #swig
> <dbooth> hmm, there's no "clean" target for make in the test dir.
> <dbooth> I'll try "./setup.py install" next.
> <dbooth> hmm, "./setup.py install" ended with "error: file 'delta' does
> not exist".  Not encouraging.
> <timbl> dbooth, check with yosi
> <sbp> dbooth: you can safely ignore that error
> <timbl> You can also try a cvs checkout
> <dbooth> ok, thanks
> <sbp> dbooth: there's also a more recent, undocumented, tarball at
> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/cwm-1.2.0.tar.gz
> <sbp> which is the one that I tend to give out to people
> <dbooth> ok, i'll try that one.  :)
> <sbp> I wouldn't bother with the tests. just sudo python setup.py
> install, ignore the delta error, and be done with it
>

> David Booth, Ph.D.
> HP Software
> +1 617 629 8881 office  |  [hidden email]
> http://www.hp.com/go/software
>
> Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Re: CWM bugs list URL is 404

Yosi Scharf

I agree. the real URI for the buglist is
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/admin/openBugs.html . It's updated rarely
(maybe I'll update it now). I've tried changing the autoreply before
(even to get them to get rid of it) and failed. Tim, what would it take
to change that message to something nonfictional?

Yosi

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 14:52 +0000, Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)
wrote:

> Here is the auto reply message I got upon emailing a bug report to
> [hidden email]:

Tim Berners-Lee

Yosi,

If you make up an alternative and email it to [hidden email] I am sure
the system team will be able to do it. Could you do that, please?

I wonder whether we should

  (a) Switch to roundup  (like Tabulator original isues)
  (b) Switch to tracker (the W3C common tracker)
  (c) Do an issue-tracking pane in Tabulator (I discussed this with
Oshani - could be fun - use the wiki)
  (d) Run the same old system from a chron job
  (e) None of the above

Tim