Extended Deadline - Semantic Web Applications and Tools for Life Sciences (SWAT4LS)

Extended Deadline - Semantic Web Applications and Tools for Life Sciences (SWAT4LS)

paschke

Dear Colleagues,

Because of a large number of requests, the submission date for the
International Workshop on Semantic Web Applications and Tools for Life
Sciences (SWAT4LS) has been extended to October 13th.

We hope that you will consider submitting a paper - see submission
details below.

Note: A selection of papers will be published in a special issue of
BMC Bioinformatics supplement devoted to the workshop.

Best regards,

Adrian Paschke (on behalf of all Chairs)

Prof. Dr. Adrian Paschke ([hidden email])
AG-CSW (AG Corporate Semantic Web)
Free University Berlin
Germany

                     International Workshop on
Semantic Web Applications and Tools for Life Sciences (SWAT4LS)
                28th November 2008, Edinburgh, UK
                     http://www.swat4ls.org/

                           Call for Papers

          New submission deadline: 13 October 2008!

A selection of papers will be published in a BMC Bioinformatics
supplement devoted to the workshop

Overview
--------
The workshop is organized in sessions and open discussions. Invited
speakers will present state-of-theart,
provocative lectures on the workshop's main topic, while a number of
submissions will be accepted as
oral presentations and posters on all workshop's topics.

Workshop Description
--------------------
Semantic Web technologies, tools and applications are starting to
emerge in Life Sciences. In recent
years, systems have been introduced and an increasing interest among
researchers is arising. This
workshop will provide a venue to present and discuss benefits and
limits of the adoption of these
technologies and tools in biomedical informatics and computational biology.
It will showcase experiences, information resources, tools development
and applications. It will bring
together researchers, both developers and users, from the various
fields of Biology, Bioinformatics and
Computer Science, to discuss goals, current limits and some real use
cases for Semantic Web
technologies in Life Sciences.

Keynote Speakers
------------------------
+ Semantic web technology in translational cancer research,
Michael Krauthammer, Department of Pathology, Yale University School
of Medicine, USA
+ Using Ontologies to bring Web Services on to the Semantic Web
Mark Wilkinson, Dept. of Medical Genetics, University of British
Columbia, Canada

Workshop Venue and Format
------------------------
The workshop will take place in Edinburgh, Scotland, on 28 November
2008, and is hosted by the e-
Science Institute of the UK's National e-Science Centre (NeSC).
SWAT4LS will be a one-day workshop and will consist of two invited
talks, regular paper and poster
presentations. The workshop will conclude with a panel discussion on
the strength and weaknesses of
the Semantic Web for the Life Sciences.

Deadlines
---------
* Submission deadline (both papers and posters): 13 October 2008 (New
deadline!)
* Notification of acceptance: 20 October 2008
* Camera-ready submission: 3 November 2008

Topics of Interest
------------------
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Standards, Technologies, Tools for the Semantic Web
o Semantic Web standards (RDF, OWL, ...)
o RDF/OWL, SKOS, .... and their applicability to bioinformatics
o RDF Schemas and Query systems
o Biomedical Ontologies and related tools
o Formal approaches to large biomedical controlled terminologies
and vocabularies

* Systems for a Semantic Web for Bioinformatics
o Bio-ontologies, RDF stores, Semantic Web Services
o RDF repositories and query systems for life sciences
o Semantically aware biomedical Web Services
o Semantic Biological Data Integration Systems

* Existing and perspective applications of the Semantic Web for Bioinformatics
o Semantic browsers, Semantic collaborative research
o Case studies, use cases, and scenarios
o Semantic Web applications in life sciences

Type of contributions and instructions
----------------------
The following possible original contributions are sought:

* Oral communications (regular papers)
* Posters
* Software demos

All contributions must be in English and must be submitted through the
EasyChair review system at:
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swat4ls.

Please upload all submissions as PDF files in LNCS format (see
http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html ).

To ensure high quality, submitted papers will be carefully
peer-reviewed by at least three members of the
Scientific Committee.

* Submissions for Oral communications should be between 10 and 15 pages.
* Posters submissions should be between 4 and 8 pages.
* Software demo proposals should also be between 4 and 8 pages.

All accepted oral communications and posters will be published with
the CEUR-WS.org Workshop
Proceedings service (see http://ceur-ws.org/).
Furthermore, a selection of papers will be published in a special
issue of the BMC Bioinformatics journal
devoted to the SWAT4LS workshop.

To this end, a special Call will be launched shortly after the
workshop, for extended and revised versions
of contributions submitted to the workshop and accepted either as oral
communication or poster.

For any information, refer to [hidden email].

CfP i-Semantics 2009 / PW09 - extension of submission date April, 6th

paschke
Dear Colleagues

Please be informed that, in response to numerous requests for extension of
the submission deadline the i-Semantics Steering Committee has decided
on an extended
date for paper submissions.

For better consistency and improved synchronization among i-Semantics,
i-Know and the AIS SigPrag International Pragmatic Web Conference the
new deadlines are:

- Extended Paper Submission Deadline: 6 April 2009
- Notification of Acceptance: Mid of May 2009
- Submission of Camera-Ready Paper: Mid of June 2009
- i-Semantics/ICPW09/I-KNOW '09 Conference: 2-4 September 2009

http://www.i-semantics.tugraz.at/
http://www.pragmaticweb.info/

Kind regards,

Adrian Paschke

(On behalf of the Chairs - i-Semantics 2009 / Pragmatic Web 09)

__________________________________
Prof. Dr. Adrian Paschke
www.corporate-semantic-web.de
**********************************

Last Reminder: I-SEMANTICS / ICPW '09 Call for Papers

paschke
Dear Colleagues!

Please keep in mind that the submission deadline for I-Semantics '09
(http://www.i-semantics.tugraz.at/)and the 4th AIS SigPrag International
Pragmatic Web Conference Track (ICPW 2009) (http://www.pragmaticweb.info/)
will end on 6 April 2009.

 From September 2 - 4, 2009 the 5th edition of I-SEMANTICS, the
International Conference on Semantic Systems, will take place in Graz
/ Austria. I-SEMANTICS 2009 will be the host of this year`s
international 4th AIS SigPrag International Conference on Pragmatic
Web (ICPW09) as well as the second edition of the TRIPLIFICATION
Challenge. Further on I-SEMANTICS will be complemented by I-KNOW, the
International Conference on Knowledge Management. This setup is aiming
to reflect the increasing importance and convergence of knowledge
management and semantic systems. The special focus of I-SEMANTICS 2009
is ?Semantic Web & Semantic Social Software ? Pragmatic Aspects for
Corporations, Communities and Individuals?.

Extended Paper Submission Deadline: 6 April 2009

A detailed Call for Papers can be found on the Conference Website:
http://www.i-semantics.tugraz.at/

News:
- Special issue of Elsevier DKE (Data & Knowledge Engineering)
- Industry Track at i-Semantics/Pragmatic Web Conference
- 3rd Int. Cooperation Event
(http://www.i-semantics.tugraz.at/cooperation_event)
- Triplification Challenge
(http://www.i-semantics.tugraz.at/triplification_challenge)
- Exibition (http://www.i-semantics.tugraz.at/exhibition)
- Keynotes by
    x Peter Kropsch (CIO APA - Austria Presse Agentur),
    x Paolo Traverso (Director of the Center for Information
Technology - IRST at FBK),
    x Eric Tsui (Professor of Knowledge Management at Hong Kong
Polytechnic University)

We are looking forward to your original contribution to i-Semantics/ICPW09.

Apologies for cross-postings - please send our conference announcement to
all interested colleagues, researchers and students.

Best regards,
Adrian Paschke

(on behalf of the i-Semantics/Pragmatic Web organizing committee)