this is to announce the extension of the deadline to submit papers to the Int. Joint Wshp KR4HC-ProHealth 2016. New deadline is May 22nd, 2016.
Sorry if you receive multiple notifications.
Call for Papers
-Extended Submission Deadline-
8th International Workshop on Knowledge Representation for Health Care (KRH4C)
9th International Workshop on Process-oriented Information Systems in Healthcare (ProHealth)
Organized as One Full Day Workshop
Acronym: KR4HC’16 / ProHealth’16
Munich, Germany – September 2, 2016
In conjunction with the Health – Exploring Complexity and Medical Informatics Europe (HEC2016-MIE2016)
The introduction of computers in health care can contribute to homogenize services, increase the quality of those services and reduce the costs of health care systems. Two of the computer-based approaches to provide these benefits are supported on technologies for knowledge representation and process-oriented management. These technologies include medical data analysis and processing, clinical practice modeling, intelligent decision support systems and recommenders, clinical process management, personalized and patient-centric e-Health and m-Health, etc.
The Joint International Workshop KR4HC-ProHealth represents the effort of two communities to bring together experts in these technologies in order to present new advances and to deliver results on promising intelligent systems and technologies supporting clinical tasks. Two are the main viewpoints that converge in the workshop:
As part of medical informatics, the knowledge-representation for health care (KR4HC) view focuses on representing and reasoning with medical knowledge in computers as a means to support knowledge management and clinical decision-making. This community aims at developing efficient representations, technologies, and tools for integrating all the important elements that health care providers work with: Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) and healthcare information systems, clinical practice guidelines, and standardized medical vocabularies.
As part of business process management, the process-oriented information systems in healthcare (ProHealth) view focuses on using business process management technology to provide effective solutions for the management of healthcare processes. This community aims at adapting successful process management solutions to health care processes and needs, with a particular interest in organization, optimization, cooperation, risk analysis, flexibility, re-utilization, and integration of health care tasks and teams.
Format of the Workshop
The 1-day workshop will comprise accepted long and short papers, tool presentations, and one keynote. Papers should be submitted in advance and will be reviewed by at least three members of the program committee. Informal proceedings will be available during the workshop. At least one author for each accepted paper should register for the workshop and present the paper. The selected best long (full) papers will be included in the formal proceedings, which are expected to be published as part of the LNAI Springer series, as it was done in all previous editions of the workshop.
The scope of the workshop includes, but is not limited to the following areas:
• Process modeling in healthcare
• Computer-interpretable clinical guidelines / protocols and decision support
• Workflow management in healthcare
• Semantic integration of healthcare processes with electronic medical records
• Knowledge representation and ontologies for healthcare processes
• Temporal knowledge representations and exploitation
• Facilitating knowledge-acquisition of healthcare processes
• Visualization, monitoring and mining healthcare processes
• Knowledge extraction from healthcare databases and EPRs
• Knowledge combination, personalization and adaptation of healthcare processes
• Compliance of healthcare processes
• Evaluation of quality and safety of careflow systems
• Managing flexibility and exceptions in healthcare processes
• Process optimization and simulation in healthcare organizations and healthcare networks
• Experiences in deploying knowledge-based tools in healthcare
• Patient empowerment in healthcare
• Linking clinical care and clinical research
• Lifecycle management for healthcare processes
• Context-aware healthcare processes
• Ambient intelligence & smart processes in healthcare
• Mobile process support in healthcare
• Process interoperability & standards in healthcare
• Process-oriented system architectures in healthcare
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers for presentation in any of the areas listed above. Only papers in English will be accepted. Three types of submissions are possible: (1) full papers (12 pages long) reporting mature research results, (2) position papers reporting research that may be in preliminary stage not yet been evaluated, and (3) tool reports. Position papers and tool reports should be no longer than 6 pages. Papers must present original research contributions not concurrently submitted elsewhere.
Papers should be submitted in the LNCS format. The title page must contain a short abstract, a classification of the topics covered, preferably using the list of topics above, and an indication of the submission category (regular paper, position paper, or tool report).
Papers (in PDF format) should be submitted electronically via the Easychair system.
Important Dates (to be confirmed)
Deadline for workshop paper submission: May 22, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: June 6, 2016
Camera-ready version: July 1, 2016
KR4HC/ProHealth Workshop: September 2, 2016
Richard Lenz, University of Erlangen and Nuremberg, Germany
Manfred Reichert, University of Ulm, Germany
David Riaño, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
Contact person: David Riaño ([hidden email])
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|