Events automatically dispatched at startup

Events automatically dispatched at startup

Alain COUTHURES
Hello,

I've been implementing "xforms-select" event support in XSLTForms for <xf:case>. Because there is always a selected case, I decided to automatically dispatch this event just after "xforms-ready" treatment.

I believe there would be an inconsistency not dispatching this event but I compared with some other client implementations which, incidently, don't.

What is the best to consider : dispatching or not ? In which order switches should be processed ?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Best regards,

Alain COUTHURES
<agenceXML>
Bordeaux, France
http://www.agencexml.com/xsltforms

Re: Events automatically dispatched at startup

Charles F Wiecha

Right...the select/deselect events are notifications when cases change. They, like MIP events, are not sent at form startup but only when changes occur. There is some current discussion on the public forms list as to the future direction for event lifecycles but your observation is correct for the current specification.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-xforms-20091020/#action-toggle describes the sequencing of select and deselect events for toggling cases...Thanks, Charlie Wiecha

Charles Wiecha
Multichannel Web Interaction
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
P.O. Box 704
Yorktown Heights, N.Y. 10598
Phone: (914) 784-6180, T/L 863-6180, Cell: (914) 282-3483
[hidden email]

Inactive hide details for alain.couthures---12/22/2009 01:47:27 PM---Hello, I've been implementing "xforms-select" event supporalain.couthures---12/22/2009 01:47:27 PM---Hello, I've been implementing "xforms-select" event support in XSLTForms for <xf:case>. Because ther

<[hidden email]>

12/22/2009 01:47 PM

Events automatically dispatched at startup

Sent by:

[hidden email]