EulerGUI - a light-weight N3 IDE - open source

EulerGUI - a light-weight N3 IDE - open source

Jean-Marc Vanel-2

Hi all

Yesterday I made a new version of my small IDE, EulerGUI .
Sorry for you, Python guys, it is (just) an executable jar; download it from :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/eulergui/

There is a documentation page:
http://eulergui.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/eulergui/trunk/eulergui/html/documentation.html

Just a quote from there:
Euler GUI is effective for developping and testing projects composed
of N3, OWL, and RDF ontologies.
One can launch 2 reasoning engines: Euler proof engine or CWM , show
Graphviz graph, generate Javascript+Java code.

It's pretty usable - I use it all the time.
Note that the logic used by Euler proof engine (
http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/ ) is more expressive than N3 logic;
Jos De Roo would answer on that with more authority .

Feature enquiries welcome.

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
http://jmvanel.free.fr/

Re: EulerGUI - a light-weight N3 IDE - open source

Chimezie Ogbuji

Hello, Jean-Marc.  As you can imagine, I'm quite anxious to use your
tool (there are little to no N3 editors out there that I know of)?
However, when I tried to run the EulerGUI jar file (version 3 and 2),
I get the following error on my Mac OSX laptop:

bash-3.2$ java -jar ~/EulerGui/eulergui3.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad
version number in .class file
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
bash-3.2$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_16"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_16-b06-284)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_16-133, mixed mode, sharing)

Any ideas?

-- Chimezie

2008/10/31 Chimezie Ogbuji <[hidden email]>:

> Hello, Jean-Marc.  As you can imagine, I'm quite anxious to use your
> tool (there are little to no N3 editors out there that I know of)?
> However, when I tried to run the EulerGUI jar file (version 3 and 2),
> I get the following error on my Mac OSX laptop:
>
> bash-3.2$ java -jar ~/EulerGui/eulergui3.jar
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad
> version number in .class file
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:675)
>        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
> bash-3.2$ java -version
> java version "1.5.0_16"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_16-b06-284)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_16-133, mixed mode, sharing)
>
> Any ideas?

Sorry, this is a typical Java bothering.
I should have added in the documentation that one must install a
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment (JRE), Standard Edition version 1.6
from http://java.sun.com

You can keep your JRE 1.5 , but generally older applications compiled
for 1.5 run well on JRE 1.6 ,
but not the converse.

I'm updating the doc. right now.

Happy designing with EulerGUI.

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
http://jmvanel.free.fr/

Re : EulerGUI - a light-weight N3 IDE - open source

Jean-Marc Vanel-2

Hi all
I uploaded a new version, with several bugs corrections .

Release Notes:
EulerGUI release 0.4
Bug corrected:
dependencies for Jena were missing
  ( makejar.xml was changed )
- when opening a project in a different directory than the current directory,
  the query file was not found, e.g. opening
    examples/socrates.n3p
- a void CWM argument from the GUI was causing CWM not to run

Enhancements
- Euler GUI now accepts a project file name as argument
- TODO list moved to
http://eulergui.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/eulergui/trunk/eulergui/html/documentation.html
- report problems when loading a project file, e.g. unable to read an RDF or URL
- key for Run is control-R

For details see
http://eulergui.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/eulergui/trunk/eulergui/src/?view=log

For bug reports : [hidden email]