Error validating html5

aerotoro .
Hi,

I think the validator tool has a little bug dealing with email type inputs. Your validator shows the following error messages:

  1. Line 40, Column 4079Attribute placeholder is only allowed when the input type is e-mail, number, password, search, tel, text, or url.
    …nter your email address." type="email"> <p class="help-block text-danger"></p>…

  2. Error Line 40, Column 4079Attribute required is only allowed when the input type is checkbox, date, datetime, datetime-local, e-mail, file, month, number, password, radio, search, tel, text, time, url, or week.
    …nter your email address." type="email"> <p class="help-block text-danger"></p>…

As you can see type is email and keeps throwing an error.

I put here complete tag declaration

<input class="form-control" placeholder="Email Address" id="email" required data-validation-required-message="Please enter your email address." type="email" >

May be your validator is looking for "e-mail" and not "email" input type??

With other validation tools and the same code I don't have any validations errors.

BR,

David.

Re: Error validating html5

Michael[tm] Smith
Hi aerotoro,

"aerotoro ." <[hidden email]>, 2015-03-28 11:52 +0000:

> Hi,
>
> I think the validator tool has a little bug dealing with email type inputs.
> Your validator shows the following error messages:
>

>    1. *Line 40, Column 4079*: Attribute placeholder is only allowed when
>    the input type is e-mail, number, password, search, tel, text, or url.
Yeah, sorry about that—fixed now

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike