Error in SPARQL 1.1 Update documentation

Error in SPARQL 1.1 Update documentation

Rebecca Younes
Hello,

I've detected an error in Section 3.1.3.1 Example 6 of the SPARQL 1.1 Update documentation. The first sentence of the example reads: "This example request deletes all records of old books (with date before year 1970) from the store's default graph." In fact, the query shown deletes records of NEW books (dated 1970 or later) rather than old ones. The representation of the data after running the DELETE is correct.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Younes
Semantic Web Developer
Linked Data for Libraries Project
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY

Re: Error in SPARQL 1.1 Update documentation

Andy Seaborne-4
On 05/03/15 20:19, Rebecca Younes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've detected an error in Section 3.1.3.1 Example 6 of the SPARQL 1.1
> Update documentation. The first sentence of the example reads: "This
> example request deletes all records of old books (with date before year
> 1970) from the store's default graph." In fact, the query shown deletes
> records of NEW books (dated 1970 or later) rather than old ones. The
> representation of the data after running the DELETE is correct.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Rebecca Younes
> Semantic Web Developer
> Linked Data for Libraries Project
> Cornell University
> Ithaca, NY

Thank you very much for the report.

I've added it to the SPARQL errata:

http://www.w3.org/2013/sparql-errata#errata-update-1

which a future working group can use to make the official correction.

        Andy