Error in QA Tips section of website: page moved with incorrect message

Error in QA Tips section of website: page moved with incorrect message

Timothy Green-2

The page http://www.w3.org/2001/06tips/noClickHere contains the text
"The document has moved here." There is a link on the word 'here',
which, given the subject of the article, is mildly amusing. Less
amusing, however, is the fact that the link is incorrect, pointing to
the same page it's actually on. The document has in fact moved to
http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/noClickHere.

Why not use a HTTP redirect?

Timothy Green.

Re: Error in QA Tips section of website: page moved with incorrect message

olivier Thereaux

Hello Timothy,

On 21-Sep-08, at 6:25 AM, Timothy Green wrote:
> The page http://www.w3.org/2001/06tips/noClickHere contains the text
> "The document has moved here." There is a link on the word 'here',

That's the default apache body for a 301 redirect permanent, FWIW.

> which, given the subject of the article, is mildly amusing. Less
> amusing, however, is the fact that the link is incorrect, pointing to
> the same page it's actually on. The document has in fact moved to
> http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/noClickHere.
>
> Why not use a HTTP redirect?

The redirect is set, and working for every other tip but this one...
I'm asking our webmaster to look into this.

--
olivier