Editor change for "Web Application Manifest Format and Management APIs" specification

Editor change for "Web Application Manifest Format and Management APIs" specification

Mounir Lamouri-3
Hi,

Anant stepped down as an editor of "Web Application Manifest Format and
Management APIs" specification [1] but Mozilla is still interested in
this specification so I will replace Anant as an editor.

However, given the feedback we got on this specification [2], we are
merging it with the "Runtime and security model" specification that will
happen in the System Applications Working Group [3].
We are not against keeping the specification in this WG but we fear that
it might not gain much traction as-is.

[1] http://mozilla.github.com/webapps-spec/
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012AprJun/1017.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/2012/09/sysapps-wg-charter

Mounir

Re: Editor change for "Web Application Manifest Format and Management APIs" specification

Chaals McCathie Nevile
On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 18:58:02 +0400, Mounir Lamouri <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anant stepped down as an editor of "Web Application Manifest Format and
> Management APIs" specification [1] but Mozilla is still interested in
> this specification so I will replace Anant as an editor.
>
> However, given the feedback we got on this specification [2], we are
> merging it with the "Runtime and security model" specification that will
> happen in the System Applications Working Group [3].
> We are not against keeping the specification in this WG but we fear that
> it might not gain much traction as-is.

Hi Mounir,

Yandex is interested in this spec.

cheers

Chaals

       [hidden email]         Find more at http://yandex.com

Re: Editor change for "Web Application Manifest Format and Management APIs" specification

Tobie Langel-2
On 11/26/12 2:35 PM, "Charles McCathie Nevile" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 18:58:02 +0400, Mounir Lamouri <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anant stepped down as an editor of "Web Application Manifest Format and
>> Management APIs" specification [1] but Mozilla is still interested in
>> this specification so I will replace Anant as an editor.
>>
>> However, given the feedback we got on this specification [2], we are
>> merging it with the "Runtime and security model" specification that will
>> happen in the System Applications Working Group [3].
>> We are not against keeping the specification in this WG but we fear that
>> it might not gain much traction as-is.
>
>Hi Mounir,
>
>Yandex is interested in this spec.

So is Facebook and Coremob.