Deque Proudly Gives Back

John Foliot-2

Dear W3C Colleagues,

Some exciting news from Deque Systems today: We have announced the Open Source release of our award-winning accessibility rules engine. The Accessibility Engine, or aXe, is a compact JavaScript library that is open source and available on GitHub (https://github.com/dequelabs/axe-core). This library makes integration into any development and testing tool simple and quick. Use aXe with any JavaScript framework and any modern browser.

Deque has been invited to contribute the aXe open source library to the W3C WAI Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group (ERT WG), as work is under consideration there for a normative set of rules for evaluating WCAG 2.0 conformance.

For more information , please see:

http://www.deque.com/blog/axe-accessibility-engine-launch/
http://www.deque.com/products/axe/

I am personally extremely excited about this development, and thrilled to be sharing this news.

--

John Foliot

Principal Accessibility Strategist

Deque Systems Inc.

RE: Deque Proudly Gives Back

Schnabel, Stefan

Hi John,

Good news. Where is the tested ruleset exposed, can you give a link to documentation?

Best Regards

Stefan

Re: Deque Proudly Gives Back

White, Jason J

> On Jun 11, 2015, at 03:44, Schnabel, Stefan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
>
> Good news. Where is the tested ruleset exposed, can you give a link to documentation?

There’s a list of rules in the doc directory of the axe-core Git repository. The rules are in a separate repository at http://github.com/dequelabs/axe-rules

This wasn’t obvious from the documentation, but I found it nevertheless.

Each rule is defined in JSON and in an associated JavaScript source file. There are instructions for executing the tool, but I haven’t tried it yet.

Thank you for your compliance.